List of famous political scientists, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top political scientists in the world? This includes the most prominent political scientists, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable political scientists is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic political scientists were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned political scientists.
List features people like Woodrow Wilson, Condoleezza Rice. Featuring famous politicians and political theorists, this list has it all.
From reputable, prominent, and well known political scientists to the lesser known political scientists of today, these are some of the best professionals in the political scientist field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous political scientists ever?" and "What are the names of famous political scientists?" then you're in the right place.
- Condoleezza Rice (; born November 14, 1954) is an American political scientist and diplomat. She served as the 66th United States Secretary of State, the second person to hold that office in the ...more
- Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856 – February 3, 1924) was an American statesman, lawyer, and academic who served as the 28th president of the United States from 1913 to 1921. A member of the ...more
- Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski ( ZBIG-nyef brə-ZIN-skee, Polish: [ˈzbiɡɲɛf kaˈʑimjɛʐ bʐɛˈʑij̃skʲi] (listen); March 28, 1928 – May 26, 2017) was a Polish-American diplomat and political scientist. He ...more
- Paul David Wellstone (July 21, 1944 – October 25, 2002) was an American academic, author, and politician who represented Minnesota in the United States Senate from 1991 until he was killed in a plane ...more
- George Frost Kennan (February 16, 1904 – March 17, 2005) was an American diplomat and historian. He was best known as an advocate of a policy of containment of Soviet expansion during the Cold War. ...more
- Jürgen Habermas (UK: , US: ; German: [ˈjʏɐ̯ɡn̩ ˈhaːbɐmaːs]; born 18 June 1929) is a German philosopher and sociologist in the tradition of critical theory and pragmatism. His work addresses ...more
- Norman Gary Finkelstein (; born December 8, 1953) is an American political scientist, activist, professor, and author. His primary fields of research are the Israeli–Palestinian conflict and the ...more
- Johanna "Hannah" Cohn Arendt (, also US: , German: [ˈaːʁənt]; 14 October 1906 – 4 December 1975), also known as Hannah Arendt Bluecher, was a German-American philosopher and political theorist. Her ...more
- Bjørn Lomborg (Danish: [pjɶɐ̯n ˈlɒmpɒːˀʊ̯]; born 6 January 1965) is a Danish author and President of his think tank, Copenhagen Consensus Center. He is former director of the Danish government's ...more
- Paul Dundes Wolfowitz (; born December 22, 1943) is an American political scientist and diplomat who served as the 10th President of the World Bank, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense, U.S. Ambassador ...more
- Melissa Victoria Harris-Perry (born October 2, 1973), formerly known as Melissa Victoria Harris-Lacewell, is an American writer, professor, television host, and political commentator with a focus on ...more
- Leo Strauss (; German: [ˈleːo ˈʃtʁaʊs]; September 20, 1899 – October 18, 1973) was a German-American political philosopher and classicist who specialized in classical political philosophy. Born in ...more
- Marie Jean Antoine Nicolas de Caritat, Marquis of Condorcet (French: [maʁi ʒɑ̃n‿ɑ̃twan nikola də kaʁita kɔ̃dɔʁsɛ]; 17 September 1743 – 29 March 1794), known as Nicolas de Condorcet, was a French ...more
- Antony Cyril Sutton (February 14, 1925 – June 17, 2002) was a British and American economist, historian, professor, and writer.
- Virgil Traian N. Madgearu (Romanian pronunciation: [virˈd͡ʒil maˈd͡ʒe̯aru]; December 14, 1887 – November 27, 1940) was a Romanian economist, sociologist, and left-wing politician, prominent member ...more
- Alan W. Bock (December 3, 1943 – May 18, 2011) was an American libertarian author. He was a senior editorial writer and former editorial page editor for the Orange County Register for over 25 years. ...more
- George Friedman (Hungarian: Friedman György, born February 1, 1949) is a Hungarian-born U.S. geopolitical forecaster, and strategist on international affairs. He is the founder and chairman of ...more
- Robert Kagan (; born September 26, 1958) is a neoconservative American historian and foreign-policy commentator. Kagan, however prefers the term "liberal interventionist" to describe himself.A ...more
- Vojislav Šešelj (Serbian Cyrillic: Војислав Шешељ, pronounced [ʋǒjislaʋ ʃěʃeʎ]; born 11 October 1954) is a Serbian politician and convicted war criminal. He is the founder and president of the ...more
- William Anthony Kirsopp Lake (born April 2, 1939) was the Executive Director of the United Nations International Children's Fund (UNICEF), author, academic, and former American diplomat, Foreign ...more
- Ernst Bernard Haas was a German-American political scientist who made numerous contributions to theoretical discussions in the field of international relations. He was a leading authority on ...more
- Bassam Tibi, born 1944 in Damascus, moved to Germany in 1962, becoming a citizen in 1976. He is a political scientist and Professor of International Relations. In academia, he is known for his ...more
- Jacob Leib Talmon was Professor of Modern History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has been categorised as a 'Cold War liberal' because of the anti-Marxism which permeates his main works. He ...more
- Frances Fox Piven (born October 10, 1932) is an American professor of political science and sociology at The Graduate Center, City University of New York, where she has taught since 1982.Piven is ...more
- Allan Jay Lichtman (born April 4, 1947) is an American political historian who teaches at American University in Washington, D.C. He is mostly known for predicting seven of the last eight election ...more