List of Famous Psychoanalysts
List of famous psychoanalysts, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top psychoanalysts in the world? This includes the most prominent psychoanalysts, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable psychoanalysts is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic psychoanalysts were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned psychoanalysts.
Items here include everything from Sigmund Freud to Nancy Chodorow. Featuring psychoanalytic theorists, important psychologists, and more, this list has it all.From reputable, prominent, and well known psychoanalysts to the lesser known psychoanalysts of today, these are some of the best professionals in the psychoanalyst field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous psychoanalysts ever?" and "What are the names of famous psychoanalysts?" then you're in the right place.
- Sigmund Freud ( FROYD; German: [ˈziːkmʊnt ˈfʁɔʏt]; born Sigismund Schlomo Freud; 6 May 1856 – 23 September 1939) was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis, a clinical method for ...more
- Carl Gustav Jung ( YUUNG, German: [kaɐ̯l ˈjʊŋ]; 26 July 1875 – 6 June 1961) was a Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst who founded analytical psychology. Jung's work was influential in the fields of ...more
- Wilhelm Reich (; German: [ʁaɪç]; 24 March 1897 – 3 November 1957) was an Austrian doctor of medicine and psychoanalyst, a member of the second generation of analysts after Sigmund Freud. The author ...more
- Alfred Ernest Jones (1 January 1879 – 11 February 1958) was a Welsh neurologist and psychoanalyst. A lifelong friend and colleague of Sigmund Freud from their first meeting in 1908, he became his ...more
- Nancy Julia Chodorow (born January 20, 1944) is an American sociologist, feminist psychoanalyst, and professor. Influenced by Freud, Chodorow has written a number of influential books in contemporary ...more
- Alfred Adler (; German: [ˈaːdlɐ]; 7 February 1870 – 28 May 1937) was an Austrian medical doctor, psychotherapist, and founder of the school of individual psychology. His emphasis on the importance of ...more