List of Famous Sculptors
List of famous sculptors, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top sculptors in the world? This includes the most prominent sculptors, living and dead, both in America and abroad. Art fanatics will also enjoy famous land art artists and famous Italian Renaissance sculptures. This list of notable sculptors is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic sculptors were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned sculptors.
This list has a variety of people in it, from Michelangelo to Auguste Rodin. Featuring American sculptors, modern sculptors, foreign sculptors, and more, this list has it all!From reputable, prominent, and well known sculptors to the lesser known sculptors of today, these are some of the best professionals in the sculptor field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous sculptors ever?" and "What are the names of famous sculptors?" then you're in the right place.
- Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, commonly known as Michelangelo, was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect, poet, and engineer of the High Renaissance who exerted an unparalleled ...more
- Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. He is ...more
- Donato di Niccolò di Betto Bardi (c. 1386 – 13 December 1466), better known as Donatello (English: Italian: [donaˈtɛllo]), was an Italian sculptor of the Renaissance. Born in Florence, he studied ...more
- Gian Lorenzo Bernini was an Italian artist and a prominent architect who worked principally in Rome. He was the leading sculptor of his age, credited with creating the Baroque style of sculpture. In ...more
- Andy Warhol was an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. His works explore the relationship between artistic expression, celebrity culture and ...more
- François-Auguste-René Rodin, known as Auguste Rodin, was a French sculptor. Although Rodin is generally considered the progenitor of modern sculpture, he did not set out to rebel against the past. He ...more