List of Famous Structural Engineers
List of famous structural engineers, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top structural engineers in the world? This includes the most prominent structural engineers, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable structural engineers is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic structural engineers were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned structural engineers.
This list is made up of many different people, including James Buchanan Eads and Santiago Calatrava. Featuring famous architectural engineers of history and now, this list has it all.From reputable, prominent, and well known structural engineers to the lesser known structural engineers of today, these are some of the best professionals in the structural engineer field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous structural engineers ever?" and "What are the names of famous structural engineers?" then you're in the right place.
- Alexandre Gustave Eiffel was a French civil engineer and architect. A graduate of the École Centrale des Arts et Manufactures, he made his name with various bridges for the French railway network, ...more
- Captain James Buchanan Eads was a world-renowned American civil engineer and inventor, holding more than 50 patents.
- Jörg Schlaich (born 1934) is a German structural engineer and is known internationally for his ground-breaking work in the creative design of bridges, long-span roofs, and other complex structures. ...more
Peter RicePeter Rice was an Irish structural engineer. Born in 52 Castle Road, Dundalk in County Louth, he spent his childhood between the town of Dundalk, and the villages of Gyles' Quay and Inniskeen. He was ...more
- Fazlur Rahman Khan was a Bangladeshi-American structural engineer and architect who initiated important structural systems for skyscrapers. Considered the "father of tubular designs for high-rises, ...more
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel, FRS, was an English mechanical and civil engineer who built dockyards, the Great Western Railway, a series of steamships including the first propeller-driven transatlantic ...more