This list of famous TV chefs includes photos, bios, and other information, when available. Who are the top TV chefs in the world? This includes the most prominent TV chefs, both living and dead, from America and abroad. The notable TV chefs below are ordered by their level of prominence, and the list can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these famous chefs on TV were born and what their nationality is. These popular chefs are also found on most entertaining celebrity chefs, famous pastry chefs, and the best cooking TV shows of all time. The top celebrity chefs on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all well known chefs, famous for their television cooking shows and appearances.
This list is made up of a variety of famous cooks on TV, including Anthony Bourdain, Mario Batali, and Julia Child. When perusing a list of famous chefs, you're sure to find many names of chefs you're already a fan of, but you'll also discover some famous Asian chefs, and other famous TV cooks you are soon to be a fan of.
From reputable, prominent, and celebrity TV chefs to the lesser known TV chefs of today, these are some of the best professionals in the TV cooking show world. Who are the most famous TV chefs ever? What are the names of the best TV chefs? Just take a look below!
- Gordon James Ramsay (born 8 November 1966) is a British chef, restaurateur, writer, television personality and food critic. He was born in Johnstone, Scotland, and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon, ...more
- Julia Carolyn Child (née McWilliams; August 15, 1912 – August 13, 2004) was an American chef, author and television personality. She is recognized for bringing French cuisine to the American public ...more
- Anthony Michael Bourdain (; June 25, 1956 – June 8, 2018) was an American celebrity chef, author, and travel documentarian who starred in programs focusing on the exploration of international ...more
- Rachael Domenica Ray (born August 25, 1968) is an American television personality, businesswoman, celebrity chef, and author. She hosts the syndicated daily talk and lifestyle program Rachael Ray, ...more
- James Trevor Oliver (born 27 May 1975) is a British chef and restaurateur. He is known for his approachable cuisine, which has led him to front numerous television shows and open many restaurants. ...more
- Giada Pamela De Laurentiis (born August 22, 1970) is an American chef, writer, and television personality. She is the host of Food Network's Giada at Home. She also appears regularly as a contributor ...more
- Paula Ann Hiers Deen (born January 19, 1947) is an American TV personality and cooking show host. Deen resides in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant and Paula ...more
- Robert William Flay (born December 10, 1964) is an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, and reality television personality. He is the owner and executive chef of several restaurants: Mesa Grill in ...more
- Catherine Ann Cora (born April 3, 1967) is an American professional chef best known for her featured role as an "Iron Chef" on the Food Network television show Iron Chef America and as co-host of ...more
- Alton Crawford Brown Jr. (born July 30, 1962) is an American television personality, food show presenter, author, actor, cinematographer, and musician. He is the creator and host of the Food Network ...more
- Martin Yan (Chinese: 甄文達, Zhen Wenda; born 22 December 1948) is a Chinese-American chef and food writer. He has hosted his award-winning PBS-TV cooking show Yan Can Cook since 1982.
- Emeril John Lagassé III ( EM-ə-rəl lə-GAH-see; born October 15, 1959) is an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, television personality, cookbook author, and National Best Recipe award winner for ...more
- Ming Tsai (Chinese: 蔡明昊; pinyin: Cài Mínghào; born March 29, 1964) is an American restaurateur, television personality, and celebrity chef. Tsai's restaurants have focused on East-West fusion ...more
- Mario Francesco Batali (born September 19, 1960) is an American chef, writer, restaurateur, and media personality. Batali formerly co-owned restaurants in New York City; Las Vegas; Los Angeles and ...more
- Guy Ramsay Fieri (US: , Italian: [ˈfjɛːri]; né Ferry; born January 22, 1968) is an American restaurateur, author, game show host, and an Emmy Award winning television personality. He co-owns three ...more
- Hugh Christopher Edmund Fearnley-Whittingstall (born 14 January 1965) is an English celebrity chef, television personality, journalist, food writer and campaigner on food and environmental ...more
- Lidia Giuliana Matticchio Bastianich (Italian: [ˈliːdja matˈtikkjo baˈstjaːnitʃ]; born in Pula, February 21, 1947) is an Italian-American celebrity chef, television host, author, and restaurateur. ...more
- Rocco DiSpirito (born November 19, 1966) is an American chef based in New York City.
- Ina Rosenberg Garten ( EYE-nə; born February 2, 1948) is an American author, host of the Food Network program Barefoot Contessa, and a former staff member of the White House Office of Management and ...more
- Michael D. Symon (born September 19, 1969) is an American chef, restaurateur, television personality, and author. He is of Greek and Sicilian descent. He is seen regularly on Food Network on shows ...more
- Robert Paul Irvine (born 24 September 1965) is an English celebrity chef and talk show host who has appeared on and hosted a variety of Food Network programs including Dinner: Impossible, Worst Cooks ...more
- Jacques Pépin French pronunciation: [ʒak pepɛ̃] (born December 18, 1935) is a French–American chef, television personality, and author. Since the late 1980s, he has appeared on French and American ...more
- Sara Moulton (born February 19, 1952) is an American chef, cookbook author and television personality. In an article for The New York Times, Kim Severson described Moulton as "one of the nation’s ...more
- Mary Ann Esposito (born August 3, 1942 in Buffalo, New York) is an American chef, cookbook writer, and the television host of Ciao Italia with Mary Ann Esposito, which started in 1989 and is the ...more
- Jeffrey Adam "Duff" Goldman (born December 17, 1974) is a pastry chef and television personality. He is the executive chef of the Baltimore-based Charm City Cakes shop which was featured in the Food ...more