List of Famous Zoologists
List of famous zoologists, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top zoologists in the world? This includes the most prominent zoologists, living and dead, both in America and abroad. Some of them are celebrity animal rights activists, while others an inspiration to dog-lovers everywhere. This list of notable zoologists is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic zoologists were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned zoologists.
This list of famous people of zoology features Australian nature expert Steve Irwin, Alfred Kinsey, Charles Darwin, and more. You also can't forget famous female zoologists, like Jane Goodall, Terri Irwin, and Dian Fossey.From reputable, prominent, and well known zoologists to the lesser known zoologists of today, these are some of the best professionals in the zoologist field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous zoologists ever?" and "What are the names of famous zoologists?" then you're in the right place.
- Stephen Robert Irwin (22 February 1962 – 4 September 2006), nicknamed "The Crocodile Hunter", was an Australian zookeeper, conservationist and television personality. Irwin achieved worldwide fame ...more
- Dian Fossey (; January 16, 1932 – c. December 26, 1985) was an American primatologist and conservationist known for undertaking an extensive study of mountain gorilla groups from 1966 until her 1985 ...more
- Dame Jane Morris Goodall (; born Valerie Jane Morris-Goodall on 3 April 1934), formerly Baroness Jane van Lawick-Goodall, is an English primatologist and anthropologist. Considered to be the world's ...more
- Charles Robert Darwin, (; 12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution. His proposition that all ...more
Jack HannaJohn Bushnell "Jack" Hanna (born January 2, 1947) is an American zookeeper who is the director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. He was director of the zoo from 1978 to 1992, and is viewed ...more
- Gregor Johann Mendel (Czech: Řehoř Jan Mendel; 20 July 1822 – 6 January 1884) (English: ) was a scientist, Augustinian friar and abbot of St. Thomas' Abbey in Brno, Margraviate of Moravia. Mendel was ...more