O'Charley's recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the O'Charley's menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at O'Charley's, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of O'Charley's popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the best chain restaurants in the US to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
O'Charley's, which has over 230 locations primarily in the Southern and Midwest US states, began as a single restaurant in 1969 in Nashville, Tennessee and has grown into a chain well-known for its comfort food offerings such as loaded potato soup and caramel pie.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making O'Charley's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat O'Charley's recipes from around the Web.
O'Charley's Yeast RollsPhoto: flickr / CC0
1/2 C crisco oil- Mix Crisco oil, boiling water, salt, and sugar.
1/2 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 pkg dry yeast
1 lg egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a separate bowl, mix lukewarm water and yeast; dissolve yeast and pour into oil mixture.
- Add a large egg and mix; add 3 cups of all purpose flour and form into a ball.
- Lightly flour this ball and put it into a bowl; let flour-ball rise for 2 hours.
- Shake bowl so the ball drops down in size; pinch off 3 pieces for each roll.
- Roll into little balls; place 3 balls in a well-greased muffin pan.
- Let rise for 2 hours; bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.17260Would you try this?
O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup
3 lbs red potatoes- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
8 cups half-and-half
1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese , melted
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 lb bacon , fried crisp
1 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
1/2 cup fresh chives , chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley , chopped
- Place in large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.
- In a separate pan, combine melted margarine and flour; mix until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half; stir constantly.
- Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta; stir well.
- Drain potatoes; add to cream mixture.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls; top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.12150Would you try this?
1 large graham cracker pie crust- Peel paper from cans of sweetened condensed milk; place cans on their sides in a large pot and cover completely in cold water.
2 cans sweetened consensed milk
1 small container Cool Whip
1 small pkg. chopped pecans
1 package mini chocolate chips
- Slowly bring pot to rolling boil; boil for 3 hours with turning cans every 30 minutes.
- Allow cans to cool for an hour.
- Open cans of milk and spread into pie pan; cover with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips all over the top; refrigerate for 8 hrs.8434Would you try this?
Three Cheese Shrimp Dip
1 can small shrimp- Mix all ingredients together.
6 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup romano, asiago, and parmesan cheese (in shaker can)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spread in casserole dish; bake at 325 degrees F until bubbly. Makes 6 servings.6131Would you try this?