Here is a list of famous people you didn't realize are still alive. These old actors and actresses were stars decades ago, but have dropped off the face of the planet in recent years. Maybe you thought it was because they died. It wasn't. They just had other things to do. This list includes some of the oldest living actors and public figures who were once acclaimed by critics and nominated for many prestigious awards, including Kirk Douglas and Dick Van Dyke.
Just because these stars are out of the limelight doesn't mean they've passed on. Many are still working hard in their old age, though not necessarily in entertainment.
Which really old actors are still alive? You might be surprised to find out.
- John Allen Astin (born March 30, 1930) is an American actor who has appeared in numerous films and television series, as well as a television director and voice artist. He is best known for starring as Gomez Addams in The Addams Family (1964–1966), reprising the role in the television film Halloween with the New Addams Family (1977) and the animated series The Addams Family (1992–1993). Notable film projects include West Side Story (1961), That Touch of Mink (1962), Move Over Darling (1963), Freaky Friday (1976), National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985), Teen Wolf Too (1987) and The Frighteners (1996). His second wife was actress Patty Duke and he is the adoptive father of Duke's son,... more
1,754602Are you surprised?
- Age: 90
- Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Born: 1930-03-30
- Credits: West Side Story, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, The Frighteners, Freaky Friday, National Lampoon's European Vacation
- Jerry Lee Lewis (born September 29, 1935) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and pianist, often known by his nickname, The Killer. He has been described as "rock & roll's first great wild man."A pioneer of rock and roll and rockabilly music, Lewis made his first recordings in 1956 at Sun Records in Memphis. "Crazy Arms" sold 300,000 copies in the South, but it was his 1957 hit "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" that shot Lewis to fame worldwide. He followed this with "Great Balls of Fire", "Breathless" and "High School Confidential". However, Lewis's rock and roll career faltered in the wake of his marriage to Myra Gale Brown, his 13-year-old cousin. He had minimal success in the... more
1,908726Are you surprised?
- Age: 85
- Birthplace: Ferriday, Louisiana, United States of America
- Born: 1935-09-29
- Credits: Stand by Me, Walk the Line, Grease, Great Balls of Fire!
- Nathalie Kay "Tippi" Hedren (born January 19, 1930) is an American actress, animal rights activist and former fashion model. A successful fashion model from her twenties, appearing on the front covers of Life and Glamour magazines among others, Hedren became an actress after she was discovered by director Alfred Hitchcock while appearing on a television commercial in 1961. She received world recognition for her work in two of his films, the suspense-thriller The Birds in 1963, for which she won a Golden Globe, and the psychological drama Marnie in 1964. Hedren has appeared in over eighty films and TV shows including Charlie Chaplin's final film, A Countess from Hong Kong (1967), the... more
5,7232,398Are you surprised?
- Age: 90
- Birthplace: New Ulm, Minnesota, United States of America
- Born: 1930-01-19
- Credits: The Birds, Marnie, Roar, I Heart Huckabees
- Richard Wayne Van Dyke (born December 13, 1925) is an American actor, comedian, singer, and dancer, whose entertainment career has spanned seven decades. He first gained recognition on radio and Broadway, then he became known for his role as Rob Petrie on the CBS television sitcom The Dick Van Dyke Show, which ran from 1961 to 1966. He also gained significant popularity for roles in the musical films Bye Bye Birdie (1963), Mary Poppins (1964), and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968). His other prominent film appearances include roles in The Comic (1969), Dick Tracy (1990), Curious George (2006), Night at the Museum (2006), Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014), and Mary Poppins Returns... more
9,3324,044Are you surprised?
- Age: 90
- Birthplace: West Plains, Missouri, USA
- Born: 1925-12-13
- Credits: Diagnosis Murder, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Poppins, Night at the Museum