Olive Garden recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Olive Garden menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Olive Garden, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Olive Garden popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Olive Garden is a chain of Tuscan-style Italian-American restaurants founded in 1982. Popular dishes include fresh soups, pastas, and steaks, but Olive Garden is best known for its "endless" servings of salads and breadsticks. The slogan of the chain is "When you're here, you're family," and there are more than 730 Olive Garden locations around the world.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Olive Garden recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Olive Garden recipes from around the Web.
1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage)
2 large russet baking potatoes , sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion , chopped
1/4 cup bacon bit (optional)
2 garlic cloves , minced
2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard , chopped
2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Brown sausage in soup pot.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot; stir.
- Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot; cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add sausage and bacon; season salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat.
- Add kale and cream.
- Heat through and serve.
Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce
4 large portobello mushrooms, stems & gills removed
1 lb Italian sausage
1 tsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup garlic croutons, finely ground
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (2 tsp dry)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Mushrooms: Clean mushroom tops with damp cloth.
- Place cleaned mushrooms on a sheet tray, stem side down; bake at 350º F for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven until ready to stuff.
- Stuffing: Brown sausage in a non-stick skillet; crumble sausage into small pieces.
- Once browned, drain fat; transfer to a paper towel to cool.
- Beat eggs with milk in a medium bowl; mix in parsley, basil, garlic, croutons, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add cooled sausage; mix well until wet but firm and hold together easily.
- Top pre-baked mushroom caps with sausage mixture; bake in 350ºF oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- Sauce: Heat cream in sauce pan; lightly boil until half the original volume, avoiding scorch.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over top of each mushroom.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh Italian parsley or fresh basil. Makes 4 servings.
Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese
8 thick slices of vine-ripened tomatoes
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
8 medium fresh basil leaves
12 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 8 slices
Dry oregano leaves to taste
Sea salt or kosher salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place one basil leaf on top of each tomato slice.
- Place one slice of mozzarella on top of each basil leaf.
- Sprinkle oregano, salt and black pepper on cheese; drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Finish with drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Makes 4 servings.
Cream of Tomato and Basil Soup
4 Tbsp butter
1 ea small red onion, diced
2 cups dry white wine
3 cups canned diced tomatoes (or 1 12-oz can)
2 cups heavy cream
3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Add red onions; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine; reduce by 3/4.
- Add tomatoes and heavy cream; bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/2.
- Puree soup in a food processor; stir in 2 Tbsp chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with remaining fresh basil and tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.