List of the best Oprah Winfrey movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Oprah Winfrey is the queen of daytime talk shows, but she is also an accomplished actress who appeared in such films as The Color Purple and The Butler. Oprah Winfrey's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Oprah Winfrey movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Oprah Winfrey movies will be at the top of the list. Oprah Winfrey has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Oprah Winfrey movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Oprah Winfrey films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Oprah Winfrey role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Oprah Winfrey performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list contains films like Beloved and A Wrinkle in Time.
"This list answers the questions, "What are the best Oprah Winfrey movies?" and "What are the greatest Oprah Winfrey roles of all time?" If you are a fan of Winfrey's dramatic work, you might also enjoy our list of best Whoopi Goldberg movies and best Forest Whitaker movies.
- An epic tale spanning forty years in the life of Celie (Whoopi Goldberg), an African-American woman living in the South who survives incredible abuse and bigotry. After Celie's abusive father marries ...more
- The Butler is a 2013 American historical drama film directed and produced by Lee Daniels and written by Danny Strong. Loosely based on the real life of Eugene Allen, the film stars Forest Whitaker as ...more
- Charlotte's Web is a 2006 American live-action/computer-animated feature film based on the popular book of the same name by E. B. White. It is directed by Gary Winick and produced by Paramount ...more
- The Women of Brewster Place is an American television miniseries that was broadcast on March 19 and 20, 1989 on ABC. The miniseries is based upon the critically acclaimed 1982 novel of the same name ...more
- Fresh out of college, Barry the Bee finds the prospect of working with honey uninspiring. He flies outside the hive for the first time and talks to a human, breaking a cardinal rule of his species. ...more
- In 1873 Ohio, Sethe (Oprah Winfrey) is a mother of three haunted by her horrific slavery past and her desperate actions for freedom. As a result, Sethe's home is haunted by a furious poltergeist, ...more
- The Princess and the Frog is a 2009 American animated musical romantic fantasy-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The 49th film in the Walt ...more
- Before Women Had Wings is a 1997 drama film written by Connie May Fowler and directed by Lloyd Kramer.
- Our Friend, Martin is a 1999 animated children's educational film about Martin Luther King, Jr. and the American civil rights movement. Two friends travel through time, meeting Dr. King at several ...more
- A Wrinkle in Time is a 2018 American science fantasy adventure film directed by Ava DuVernay. After learning that her astrophysicist father is being held captive on a distant planet, Meg Murry (Storm ...more
- Although the Civil Rights Act of 1964 legally desegregated the South, discrimination was still rampant in certain areas, making it very difficult for Blacks to register to vote. In 1965, an Alabama ...more
- Leaving Neverland is a 2019 documentary film directed and produced by British filmmaker Dan Reed. Leaving Neverland describes how Michael Jackson allegedly began relationships with two young fans, ...more
- The Star is a 2017 American 3D computer-animated Christian adventure comedy film directed by Timothy Reckart. A small but brave donkey (Steven Yeun) and his animal friends become the unsung heroes of ...more
- Native Son is a 1986 drama film directed by Jerrold Freedman.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks is a 2017 drama television film directed by George C. Wolfe. An African-American woman (Renee Elise Goldsberry) becomes an unwitting pioneer for medical ...more