Outback recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Outback Steakhouse menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Outback, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Outback's popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Outback Steakhouse is a casual dining steakhouse with an Australian theme. The chain offers chicken, seafood, and pasta, but the most popular menu items are, of course, Outback steaks seasoned with a special 17 spice blend. The famous Bloomin' Onion is the signature appetizer - a breaded and deep-friend one-pound onion served with remoulade sauce. Outback Steakhouse offers of full bar of alcohol cocktails, beer, and wine. The chain is owned by OSI Restaurant Partners, who also serve Bonefish Grill recipes.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.
What are the best menu items at Outback that you can make at home? Making Outback's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes from around the Web.
Bloomin' OnionPhoto: flickr / CC0
1/3 cup cornstarch; more if-needed
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons Garlic; mince
2 teaspoons Paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
24 oz beer
4 Vidalia Sweet-Onions;(4 to 6)=4 inch diameter, seasoned.
flour; as needed
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
* Chili Sauce:- Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
1 pt mayonnaise
1 pt sour cream
1/2 cup tomato chili sauce
1/2 tablespoon cayenne
- Add beer, mix well.
- Cut about 3/4" off top of onion and peel.
- Cut into onion 12-16 vertical wedges; do not cut through bottom root end.
- Remove about 1 inch of petals from center of onion.
- Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter.
- Seasoned Flour: Combine flour, paprika, garlic pow der, pepper and cayenne and mix well.
- Creamy Chili Sauce: Combine mayo, sour cream, chili sauce and cayenne and mix well.
- Dip the onion twice in seasoned flour - first into egg wash, then into flour mixture, back in the egg wash and again into flour mixture.
- Gently place in fryer basket. Deep-fry at medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn over and fry for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer.
- Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.32380Would you try this?
Outback Steakhouse Honey Mustard DressingPhoto: flickr / CC0
1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise- Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
1/4 cup Grey Poupon
1/2 cup honey
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.18338Would you try this?
Outback Steakhouse Ranch DressingPhoto: Matt McGee / Flickr
1/2 Cup Sour Cream- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
1 Tbsp. prepared Horseradish
Dash cayenne pepper
Dash black pepper13120Would you try this?
Aussie FriesPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
2 pounds bag of Frozen French Fries
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese or mexican cheese blend
6 pieces of Bacon, cooked
vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat oil to high.
- Cook fries in oil until golden brown; drain on paper towels and place them onto a platter.
- Salt fries to taste; sprinkle with cheese and cooked bacon on top.
- Place the platter in the oven until cheese begins to melt. Serve.11920Would you try this?