Look… we love Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, and the rest of the bunch. Let's be real, though: that film franchise was filled with actors who were too good for The Hunger Games. Do you remember when adaptions of YA bestsellers were all the rage in Hollywood? When Harry Potter hit the scene and basically printed money for a decade, every major studio wanted their own piece of that particular pie. Percy Jackson & The Olympians! Twilight! Divergent! The Mortal Instruments! The Darkest Minds! There are more where these came from.
But - outside of Twilight - no franchise managed to capture the box office as well as The Hunger Games. Of course, with big-budget productions come big-name stars willing to work for a paycheck. It is wild to tune into a Hunger Games movie and see Philip Seymour Hoffman rubbing elbows with Jennifer Lawrence and company. And that's merely the tip of the iceberg. Stanley Tucci, Julianne Moore, Donald Sutherland, and many more all seem a little too qualified for their particular role in the Hunger Games franchise.
- 1222 VOTESPhoto: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire / Lionsgate
- 2178 VOTESPhoto: The Hunger Games / Lionsgate
- 3148 VOTESPhoto: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 / Lionsgate
- 4155 VOTESPhoto: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 / Lionsgate
- 5127 VOTESPhoto: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 / Lionsgate
- 6136 VOTESPhoto: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire / Lionsgate