List of the best Paul Newman movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Paul Newman's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world, but the order of this Paul Newman movies list is decided by how many votes each title receive, so only his most highly rated films will be at the top of the list. The famous star has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Paul Newman movie of all time is.... so if you and a friend are arguing about this, then use this list to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Paul Newman role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Paul Newman performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list below has a variety of famous Paul Newman films, like The Color of Money, Cool Hand Luke, and Road to Perdition, in it. Paul Newman's filmography is quite extensive, but this list has them all and answers the questions, "What are the best Paul Newman movies?" and "What are the greatest Paul Newman roles of all time?"
- When petty criminal Luke Jackson (Paul Newman) is sentenced to two years in a Florida prison farm, he doesn't play by the rules of either the sadistic warden (Strother Martin) or the yard's resident ...more
- The true story of fast-draws and wild rides, battles with posses, train and bank robberies, a torrid love affair and a new lease on outlaw life in far away Bolivia. It is also a character study of a ...more
- Story Fast Eddie Felsen (Paul Newman) and his adventures in the world of professional pool. Fast Eddie is a young hopeful on his way to challenging Minnesota Fats (Jackie Gleason) for his world ...more
- After Brick Pollitt (Paul Newman) injures himself while drunkenly revisiting his high school sports-star days, he and his tempestuous wife, Maggie (Elizabeth Taylor), visit his family's Mississippi ...more
- A boozing lawyer (Paul Newman) takes on a law-firm dean (James Mason), the Archdiocese of Boston and the system in general.
- Hard-drinking, arrogant, womanizing Hud Bannon (Paul Newman) lives a self-centered, indolent life supported by his hard-working and morally upstanding father, Homer (Melvyn Douglas), on the family ...more
- Following the murder of a mutual friend, aspiring con man Johnny Hooker (Robert Redford) teams up with old pro Henry Gondorff (Paul Newman) to take revenge on the ruthless crime boss responsible, ...more
- John Russell (Paul Newman) finds that the world is not so welcoming when he returns to his Arizona home town to collect his inheritance. A white man raised by American Indians, Russell is subjected ...more
- Donald "Sully" Sullivan (Paul Newman) is an expert at avoiding adult responsibilities. At 60, he divides all his time between a local bar and the occasional construction job. When his estranged son, ...more
- Handsome vagabond Ben Quick (Paul Newman) returns to the Mississippi town his late father called home, but rumors of his dad's pyromaniac tendencies follow him as soon as he sets foot there. The ...more
- In the small New England town of Charlestown, the local mill is about to lay off 10,000 workers. The town's minor league hockey team, the Charlestown Chiefs, is doing no better. After years of ...more
- Megan Carter is a reporter duped into running an untrue story on Michael Gallagher, a suspected racketeer. He has an alibi for the time his supposed crime was committed but it involves an innocent ...more
- Saved from near death by a young Mexican girl, a former outlaw sets himself up as sole arbiter of the law in a small town. The town prospers as Judge Bean robs and hangs anyone with money that comes ...more
- Mike Sullivan (Tom Hanks) is an enforcer for powerful Depression-era Midwestern mobster John Rooney (Paul Newman). Rooney's son, Connor (Daniel Craig), is jealous of the close bond they share, and ...more
- Former pool hustler "Fast Eddie" Felson (Paul Newman) decides he wants to return to the game by taking a pupil. He meets talented but green Vincent Lauria (Tom Cruise) and proposes a partnership. As ...more
- Sometimes A Great Notion is a 1971 American drama film directed by Paul Newman and starring Newman, Henry Fonda and Lee Remick. The screenplay by John Gay is based on the 1964 novel of the same title ...more
- The abuse Rocky Barbella (Paul Newman) endures at the hand of his father and subsequent run-ins with the law lead him in and out of detention centers and prisons. When it seems he has it together, ...more
- After unsuccessfully trying his luck in Hollywood, charming gigolo Chance Wayne (Paul Newman) wanders back to his hometown, accompanied by Alexandra Del Lago (Geraldine Page), a movie star on the ...more
- A New Orleans oil heiress (Joanne Woodward) hires private eye Lew Harper (Paul Newman) to unravel a blackmail scheme.
- Struggling private eye Lew Harper (Paul Newman) takes a simple missing-person case that quickly spirals into something much more complex. Elaine Sampson (Lauren Bacall), recently paralyzed in a ...more
- Dealing with everyday police work in a notoriously difficult area of New York, a policeman struggles to preserve a sense of moral decency despite his colleagues more ruthless methods. When a boy dies ...more
- American physicist Michael Armstrong (Paul Newman) shocks his friends and family by defecting to East Germany to work with the Soviets during the height of the Cold War. Even his fiancée (Julie ...more
- Race car driver Frank Capua (Paul Newman) holds track victories above all else, but as he competes in the string of races that lead to motoring's crown jewel, the Indianapolis 500, he finds it harder ...more
- A rich Midwestern lawyer (Paul Newman), his wife (Joanne Woodward) and their children grow apart in the World War II era.
- Assigned to oversee the development of the atomic bomb, Gen. Leslie Groves (Paul Newman) is a stern military man determined to have the project go according to plan. Groves selects J. Robert ...more