Across the world, there are more than 700 different species of venomous snakes. About 1/3 of these fellas are capable of killing a human being with a single strike. The number of victims these killers have claimed in the US alone would surprise you.
Yep, snakes are everywhere, and poisonous snakes are so common it seems every continent has their own brand of feared serpent. Hopefully, you’ll never have to worry about coming into contact with one of these beasts, but if you’re curious about what is it like to be bitten by a cobra, viper, or rattlesnake, you’re only human. Though a lot of the people who come into contact with venomous snakes might not make it out alive, some have survived to discuss what it’s like to be bitten by one of the world’s deadliest snakes.
What happens to your body when a poisonous snake bites you? Read on to find out.
If You Really Want To Build A Tolerance, You Can Inject Venom Into Your VeinsVideo: YouTube
A lifelong snake enthusiast, William Haast built up a tolerance to the venom of poisonous snakes by injecting it directly into his bloodstream. What’s more, Haast saved more than two dozen lives during his career by donating his toughened-up blood when the occasion called for it.