26 Times People Recreated Their Grandparents' Photos
With the advent of social media, recreating vintage photos to share with the world has become a popular pastime. Recreating old photos is a great way to shed light on just how much the world has changed. Among families, placing pictures from the past and present side by side illuminates the power of genetics. This collection of people who have recreated their grandparents' photos, oftentimes in the exact same locations, poses, or even clothing, show just how powerful heredity and the bonds of family can be.
These modern versions of grandparents' pictures feature people from all different walks of life, from soldiers who trained at the same base as their grandfathers to women who could be their grandmother's twin had they been born in the same era. This heartwarming journey through history honors the grandparents who helped shape their grandchildren into the people they are today.
1. These Two Look Uncannily SimilarPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
2. The Genes Were Strong With This Guy's GrandfatherPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
3. Like Grandfather, Like GrandsonPhoto: flickr / CC0
4. A Family Who Fights Fires Together, Stays TogetherPhoto: SWNS / www.real-fix.com
5. A Grandmother And Granddaughter Nearly A Century ApartPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
6. They Even Have The Same Taste In CarsPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License