When it comes to gamers, there are three tiers. The first, casual gamers. The second, hardcore gamers. The third, gamers so dedicated they take on video game DIY projects. These gamers will make everything from background props to functioning replica weapons. Sometimes gamers dabble in video game DIY just for cosplay purposes. Other gamers are so good at such projects, they've been able to make a living remaking things from games.
By far one of the most popular things to make IRL from video games is weapons. Gamers seem to love making weapons they use in games. A few such weapons are even functional, though most are as harmless as the plastic from which they're made.While just about every game has objects that can be replicated in real life, there are a handful of games people seem to turn to time and time again for their DIY projects. Borderlands, Fallout, and Halo are a few of the franchises from which gamers frequently replicate things.
In the gaming world, there are plenty of people who built objects from video games. This list features just a few of the best.
1. This "Fallout" Nuka-Cola Replica Probably Isn't Safe to DrinkPhoto: flickr / CC0
2. Majora's Mask Even Zelda Might Wear in "The Legend of Zelda: MM"Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
3. It Took More Than a Minute to Make This "Fallout 4" The Last Minute Replica
4. A Buster Sword from "Final Fantasy" to Inspire a New Generation of Lumberjacks
5. A Claptrap Almost as Awesome IRL as in "Borderlands"
6. A Lot of Willpower Went into Making These "Destiny" Willbreaker SwordsPhoto: flickr / CC0