This is a list of famous people who helped heal the world. Some people have been acknowledged for their efforts with Nobel Peace Prizes. Some of these people have a long-lasting legacy that has inspired others to act. Some have invented something that made life better. All the famous people on this list have worked hard to enact change for the better.
People who offer acts of kindness, unexpected or not, make the world a better place. All the people on this list have greatly affected society, whether or not they did so intentionally. Some set out for political change, while others just made a simple decision to not obey someone. They have all received critical acclaim in some way, so take a look, and vote up which people have had the most effect on society.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain11,658 VOTESGutenberg invented the printing press, which allowed for the creation and mass distribution of information. His invention helped to disseminate knowledge to the masses, giving the opportunity for the general public to be better informed about the world around them.
- Age: Dec. at 70 (1398-1468)
- Birthplace: Mainz, Germany
- Profession: Engraver, Inventor, Printer
- Photo: flickr / CC022,080 VOTESMarie Curie's pioneering research on radioactivity won her a Nobel Prize of Chemistry in 1911, the first ever for a woman. This physicist & chemist helped us to explore the unseen world. She paved the way for radiological cancer treatment, which has saved many lives.
- Age: Dec. at 66 (1867-1934)
- Birthplace: Warsaw, Second Polish Republic
- Profession: Physicist, Chemist, Scientist
- 31,334 VOTESLeonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination". According to art historian Helen Gardner, the scope and depth of his interests were without precedent and "his mind and ...more
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1452-1519)
- Birthplace: Vinci, Italy
- Profession: Military Engineer, Musician, Scientist, Inventor, Architect
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain41,091 VOTESTesla was an electrical engineer who designed the modern alternating current electricity supply. The importance of the alternating current brought electricity to millions. Though he never got as much credit as Thomas Edison (his usurper), Tesla is definitely responsible for making the world better for many people.
- Age: Dec. at 86 (1856-1943)
- Birthplace: Smiljan, Croatia
- Profession: Futurist, Physicist, Inventor, Scientist, Mechanical engineer