Every awards season it seems countless new biopics are released about notable historical figures, celebrities, and politicians. You would think that nearly every huge figure in history had their own biographical film by now (there's even one about Howard Stern), but you would be wrong. There are lots of important artists, scientists, musicians, and other famous people who have not yet gotten the Hollywood treatment in the form of a biopic.
There are loads of untapped stories for Hollywood to cash in on. Sure, the Oskar Schindlers, the Muhammad Alis, the Abraham Lincolns, and the Ray Charleses of history have had their day in the sun, but there is still a surprising number of people whose lives have not yet been immortalized on film.
The real question - what make's a good story for a biopic? Adventure? Laughter? Tears? Violence? Heroism? Sex? The best biopics feature one or more of these and are about famous people we all know, but are interested in knowing better. So who else do you want to see a biopic movie about?Upvote the most interesting people below who you think should have a biopic made about their life? Have a biopic candidate in mind who isn't listed? Add him or her below, and be sure to tell us what makes them interesting and who should play them (both the dream casting choice, and the person Hollywood would most likely cast).
- David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), known professionally as David Bowie (, BOH-ee), was an English singer-songwriter and actor. He was a leading figure in the music industry and is considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, acclaimed by critics and musicians, particularly for his innovative work during the 1970s. His career was marked by reinvention and visual presentation, with his music and stagecraft having a significant impact on popular music. During his lifetime, his record sales, estimated at 140 million albums worldwide, made him one of the world's best-selling music artists. In the UK, he was awarded ten platinum album certifications,... more
214119Do they deserve a biopic?
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: Brixton, London, United Kingdom
- There's no question. This dude was smart... and weird. He developed the theory of relativity, but get this - he also married his first cousin! The wigs alone will win an Academy Award.
476373Do they deserve a biopic?
- Age: Dec. at 76 (1879-1955)
- Birthplace: Eurasia, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, Ulm
- Believe it or not, Ol' Blue Eyes has never gotten his own biopic (though Martin Scorsese claims to have been working on one for years). Sinatra's involvement with women, Hollywood, and the mob would make for a rich flick.
313253Do they deserve a biopic?
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1915-1998)
- Birthplace: Hoboken, New Jersey, USA
- Not only was he a genius musician (and a legendary pot smoker) but his political views, his Rastafarian religious views, the rape allegations against him, his eleven children, and many other biographical details make for an amazing movie plot.
571502Do they deserve a biopic?
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1945-1981)
- Birthplace: Nine Mile, Jamaica, Jamaica