Perkins recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Perkins menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Perkins, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Perkins popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the best restaurant chains in America to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Perkins started as a pancake house in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1958 and grew into a franchise soon after. One franchisee developed an expanded menu and called his restaurant Perkins Steak and Cake. Currently Perkins offers diner-style fare in a casual environment.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Perkins recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Perkins recipes from around the Web.
French Silk Pie
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 c. sugar
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
- Add melted chocolate.
- Add an egg; beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add second egg; beat for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a 9- inch graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate overnight; serve with whipped cream.
Perkins Potato Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon minced onion
2 1/2 cups frozen hash browns (defrosted)
4 shredded fresh potatoes
- Beat by hand or with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add potatoes to batter; mix by hand until potatoes are well combined.
- Let batter rest while you preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Grease pan with a bit of butter.
- Ladle 1/4 cup dollops of batter into pan.
- Cook as many at a time as will fit comfortably into your pan.
- Cook each pancake for 1.5-2 minutes per side until brown.
- Serve in a fanned out stack with a pat of butter on top.
Peanut Butter Fudge
2 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 c. Carnation evaporated milk or whole milk
2 tbsp. light corn syrup
4 tbsp. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
-Add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
- Put in a large pan. Serve
Pork Chop Supreme
1 Sliced fresh onion
1 tbsp ketchup
- In baking dish or pan, place pork chops.
- On top of each put onion slice and ketchup; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Top with canned pineapple ring.
- Bake 45-60 minutes in 350 degrees. Serve.