Everyone knows camera film needs to be developed in order to get your pictures, but do they ever consider the developers who will be seeing their prints? Clearly, such a thought never crossed the minds of any of the subjects of these photo developer horror stories. Like shocking family secrets, weird photos seen in photo tech labs never intended to be seen by unfamiliar eyes. But as is the case with the most scandalous of secrets, the craziest things seen by photo developers easily made their way onto the internet. Photo developers shared their weirdest stories on Reddit, much to the delight and horror of everyone who could bare to witness. While some of the scarier photos delve into darker territory, many of the funnier photos seen by photo lab techs simply leave you feeling quite amused at the brazenness of people and their cameras.
From user LemonJones:
"A regular who took photos of himself c*mming on food and eating them afterwards. Learned pretty fast to not look his photos when I developed them."
Caught Red-Neck Handed
From user johnnylockjaw1980:
"I worked in a small mom and pop photo lab in Texas. This morbidly obese, redneck a**hole, decked in head-to-toe camouflage dropped off a roll of film. He was a typical, rude, "watchu lookin' at f*ggot" kind of hick.
Almost the entire roll was him and three other guys wearing latex granny panties with built-in butt plugs, rolling around with each other. There was a mattress with a half-gallon of mineral oil next to it. There were a few pictures of a large, naked woman in a bathtub. I'm relatively sure that he believed this made him straight.
In retrospect, he's probably a Redditor. If you're reading this, be nicer to guys that print your photos. Because print them, we did."
From user Acidmoxy:
"I've worked as a photo lab tech for six years or so. I've seen hundreds of sex photos. Lots of people thinking it's a great idea to take snaps of their weed growing setups. Twice I've called the Gardai on perverts with child porn. A very polite, respectable, middle aged banker who wears very expensive dresses and wigs. Once I got an entire roll of film that seemed to be a guy taking pics of every crap he made that month."
Supervising The Worst
From user bootsmcskoots:
"Oh, lord. I worked as a photo lab supervisor throughout the beginning of college, and saw some really insane things.
- We had a customer that'd have photos of his kids and wife, and then there'd be photos of girls from the party district in my city pulling down their pants so he could snap shots of them in their underwear or whatever. He'd request doubles of those shots, and refused any and all 5 x 7 blowups of cute photos of his kids.
- Another customer took photos at her husband's funeral, and one roll was exclusively of the coffin and body. She said she liked that one the most.
- There was a customer that enjoyed blowing up his naked photos in one of those Kodak kiosks, and then he'd leave it for me with his phone number. He was banned from the store after the second time that happened.
- One lady took photos of her shoes and shoe organizer. The same shoes, the same organizer, week after week.
- Some parents would obviously have photos of a fun outing, and then use the last two or three photos on naughty photos of themselves. More often than not, those would be removed from the stack.
- Someone dropped off photos of a Klan meeting!
- I was once treated to photos of a threesome, and it was not the kind of threesome that you'd want to see. It was two hirsute and overweight girls with this skeevy-looking guy that couldn't have been taller than me (I'm 5'3'' and female), and he howled in upset when I couldn't give him the photos. LITERALLY HOWLED. He ripped down my camera display by the front register in anger, and walked out with the negatives and three bottles of Coke. Good on him, I suppose?"