16 Photos Of Nuns Living Life Just Like The Rest Of Us
If you're looking to have a little chuckle today, check out these pictures of nuns doing everyday things. The stereotypical nun is a stuffy, religious woman who follows the rules and is pious in every way. So, you might not think vintage pictures of Catholic nuns would be interesting. But you'd be wrong – nuns do much more than look stern and pray.
Nuns are still people, after all, and in many ways they live normal lives. They can (gasp!) drive cars, go grocery shopping, and visit the beach. They also shake loose every now and then, and that makes for some pretty funny nun images. You'll see pics of nuns in habits playing sports, imbibing in alcohol (and other vices), hanging out with fellow community members, and just having fun.
These old photographs of nuns doing normal things serve as humorous and fascinating reminders of their humanity – even if they still seem holier-than-thou.
1. German Nuns From A Children's Hospital Cross-Country Skiing In 1979
2. Nuns Playing Trumpets At The Symphony Hall In Boston In 1958Photo: Soram Nocak / YouTube
3. Nuns Practicing Their Tennis Skills
4. Hospital Administrator Sister Mary Thomas And Another Nun Riding Electric Scooters In 1955
5. Nuns Having Fun On The Swing SetPhoto: Soram Nocak / YouTube
6. Golf Coach Sister Mary Martina Showing Good Form To Students From St. Mary's School For The Deaf In Australia In 1965