Stars from Hollywood's Golden Age have been immortalized as figures of a bygone era. Any mention of Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, or Audrey Hepburn will conjure images of Old Hollywood glitz and glamour, complete with sparkling gowns, dashing suits, and glittering jewels reserved only for Tinseltown's best and brightest. But these iconic stars were not always the epitome of sophistication and status. Each had to endure the changes and struggles of childhood before they could become the inimitable figures we now recognize.
These photos of Old Hollywood stars as children reveal their sometimes humble beginnings and the start of their unforgettable legacies. Vote on the best childhood photos of these stars from a bygone age.
- Photo: George Rinhart/Corbis Historical / Getty Images
1,65632Is this a great photo?
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1911-1989)
- Birthplace: Jamestown, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Hulton Archive/Hulton Archive / Getty Images
1,34145Is this a great photo?
- Age: Dec. at 58 (1899-1957)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Photo: Archive Photos/Archive Photos / Getty Images
1,31356Is this a great photo?
- Age: Dec. at 79 (1932-2011)
- Birthplace: Hampstead Garden Suburb, United Kingdom
- Photo: Museum of the City of New York/Archive Images / Getty Images
1,10041Is this a great photo?
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1899-1987)
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America