List of politicians caught with prostitutes. Politicians and sex workers are said to have a lot of common. They both have underhanded and seedy dealings on a daily basis to get their jobs done. So then it’s no surprise that so many major politicians are caught with their pants down, so to speak, in the company of prostitutes. You might also want to check out sex scandals involving world leaders and celebrities who were caught with hookers. The idea that politicians are often at coke-fueled parties with their arms around a hooker or two is so prevalent, but surprisingly few politicians have ever been caught with prostitutes. Even fewer have been arrested. The number of politicians who have actually served time for soliciting sex is extremely low.
Some of the politicians, solely men, who have been caught with prostitutes are lonely men looking for the company of women or men. Other times the scandal is wrapped around an abuse of power and sick sex crimes. A few of the cases of politicians caught with sex workers have included anti-gay, married men in the company of male prostitutes. Undercover police officers are also often in the equation, in these cases, some of which include politicians and prostitutes caught on video.Which politicians have been caught with prostitutes? This list features the biggest sex scandals in political history that included sex workers and stories of politicians and prostitutes caught having sex.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYIn 1978, the New York Representative Fred Richmond was arrested for soliciting sex for a male prostitute - and an underage one at that. While he didn't serve any jail time, he was ordered to psychiatric counseling. The scandal didn't stop his district from re-electing him twice until a drug scandal in 1982 caused him to resign.
- The Republican mayor of Waterbury Connecticut proved himself to be quite the disgusting individual when he was arrested for sexually abusing children. He hired a prostitute to bring over her young daughter and niece. He is currently serving time in federal prison.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainThe governor of New York, Eliot Spitzer, made headline news when he was implicated in 2008 as a client for a prostitution ring. His meetings with $1k an hour call girls made him a national joke, which lead to his resignation. Despite rumors that he used campaign money to fund his raunchy nights out, prosecutors declined to press charges.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use
Mike AllenAlberta politician, Mike Allen, made United States news when he was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute while on a business trip in St. Paul. Allen allegedly called an online ad for the chance to spend $200 on two women. Instead he met up with an undercover police officer and was arrested. Allen decided not to resign his political post.
- Before he was an infamous talk show host known mostly for his scandalous guests, Jerry Springer was a city councilman from Cincinnati. During that time, he had scandal of his own including a prostitute in a health club in 1974. When this information was revealed, he resigned from office immediately. That didn't stop him from running unsuccessfully for governor in 1982.
- Photo: flickr / CC0In 1976, Utah representative Allan Howe was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute. Unfortunately for him, the two women he approached to pay for sex were actually undercover police officer. Howe decided not to resign from office. However, he was no re-elected for another term.