List of the best Raj Kapoor movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Raj Kapoor's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Raj Kapoor movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Raj Kapoor movies will be at the top of the list. Raj Kapoor has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Raj Kapoor movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Raj Kapoor films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Raj Kapoor role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Raj Kapoor performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List contains films like Khaan Dost and Nazrana."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Raj Kapoor movies?" and "What are the greatest Raj Kapoor roles of all time?"
- Aag is a 1948 Bollywood film which is produced, directed by and stars Raj Kapoor. The film marked the debut of Raj Kapoor as producer and director and was the first film produced by his R.K. Banner. ...more
- Anari is a 1959 Bollywood film directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee. The film stars Raj Kapoor, Nutan, Motilal and Lalita Pawar. The music was by Shankar Jaikishan and the lyrics by Hasrat Jaipuri as ...more
- Chori Chori is a 1956 Hindi film directed by Anant Thakur, with music by Shankar Jaikishan and lyrics by Hasrat Jaipuri and Shailendra. The film is an unofficial remake of the Hollywood movie, It ...more
- Awara is a 1951 Hindi film directed and produced by Raj Kapoor who also plays the leading role. Music was composed by the team of Shankar Jaikishan. Kapoor's real-life father Prithviraj Kapoor stars ...more
- Shree 420 is a 1955 Bollywood film directed, produced by and starring Raj Kapoor and Nargis. The number 420 refers to Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code, which prescribes the punishment for the ...more
- Sangam is a 1964 Bollywood Romance film written by Inder Raj Anand, produced and directed by Raj Kapoor. The film stars Vyjayanthimala in the lead role opposite Raj Kapoor and Rajendra Kumar with ...more
- Barsaat is a 1949 Bollywood film directed by Raj Kapoor. The film stars the famous duo of Kapoor and Nargis as well as Prem Nath. It was also the introduction of actress Nimmi in her first film role. ...more
- Phir Subah Hogi is a 1958 Bollywood drama film produced and directed by Ramesh Saigal and starring Raj Kapoor and Mala Sinha in lead roles. The movie was an adaption of Fyodor Dostoevsky's immortal ...more
- Aashiq is a 1962 Hindi movie directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee. The film stars Raj Kapoor, Nanda, Padmini, Keshto Mukherjee and Leela Chitnis. The films music is by Shankar Jaikishan.
- Aah is a 1953 black and white Bollywood romantic drama film starring Raj Kapoor and Nargis in lead roles. The film was produced by Raj Kapoor and directed by Raja Nawathe. This was Nawathe's first ...more
- Teesri Kasam is a 1966 Hindi drama film directed by Basu Bhattacharya. It is based on the short story Mare Gaye Gulfam by Hindi novelist Phanishwarnath Renu. The film stars Raj Kapoor and Waheeda ...more
- Bawre Nain is 1950 Bollywood romance film directed by Kidar Nath Sharma.
- Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai is a 1960 Hindi film directed by Radhu Karmakar and produced by Raj Kapoor. The film stars Kapoor, Pran and Padmini in lead roles. This was the first directorial venture ...more
- Mera Naam Joker is a 1970 Hindi film directed by Raj Kapoor. The screenplay was written by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas. This film was the debut of Rishi Kapoor. Mera Naam Joker is a film about a clown who ...more
- Sargam is a 1950 Bollywood family drama film directed by P. L. Santoshi and starring Raj Kapoor. A moderate box-office success, the film became the eighth highest earning Indian film of 1950, earning ...more
- Around The World is a Bollywood romantic comedy released in 1967 directed by Pachhi. It was India's first film to be released in 70mm and was extensively shot all around the world, as the title ...more
- Jagte Raho is a 1956 Bollywood film directed by Amit Maitra and Sombhu Mitra, produced by and starring Raj Kapoor. The film centers on the trials of a poor villager who comes to a city in search of a ...more
- Neel Kamal is a 1947 black and white Bollywood film directed by Kidar Sharma. Although a commercial failure, this romantic melodrama is significant because it features the debuts of two of ...more
- Dastan or Dastaan is a 1950 Bollywood drama film directed by Abdul Rashid Kardar. A box-office success, the film became the third highest earning film of 1950, earning an approximate gross of Rs. ...more
- Dharam Karam is a 1975 Hindi film produced by Raj Kapoor and directed by Randhir Kapoor, who also star as father and son in the film, respectively. The film also stars Rekha, Premnath and Dara Singh. ...more
- Naseeb is a 1981 Bollywood action drama film produced and directed by Manmohan Desai. The film is a typical Manmohan Desai film with his regular star Amitabh Bachchan and a large cast, lavish sets, ...more
- Chhalia is a 1960 Hindi drama film directed by Manmohan Desai; it stars Raj Kapoor, Nutan, Pran, Rehman and Shobhna Samarth. Raj Kapoor plays his stereotyped "simple guy with a heart of gold" role ...more
- Andaz is a 1949 Indian Hindi film, directed by Mehboob Khan with music by Naushad. The film stars Dilip Kumar, Nargis and Raj Kapoor in a love triangle. Andaz is the only movie that stars Kumar and ...more
- Sapno Ka Saudagar is a 1968 film. The film is produced by B. Ananthaswami and directed by Mahesh Kaul. Originally Vyjayanthimala was offered the lead but she refused and thus Hema Malini made her ...more
- Kal Aaj Aur Kal is a 1971 Hindi film produced by Raj Kapoor and directed by his son Randhir Kapoor. The film's USP is the appearance of three generations of the famous Kapoor family. It stars ...more