To the batcave! We’re ranking every Batman in the DC comics universe. Along with all Batman incarnations that appeared in the comic books, this list also includes alternate versions as well as villains who became Batman. Who is your favorite Batman?
Everyone knows the original Batman Bruce Wayne, but do you know Batman Japan or the Batman of Moscow? Several enemies have worn the suit and used the Batman alias, like Deathstroke, Red Hood, and Bane. Other comic book characters who were Batman include Nightwing, Superman, and Commissioner Gordon.
Vote for the best Batmen in comics. This ranking of every Batman displays pictures of the characters in costume and their comic book appearances.
- Photo: DC ComicsDamian Wayne is a fictional character in the DC Comics universe. He is the illegitimate son of Batman and Talia al Ghul, and thus the maternal grandson of Batman villain Ra's al Ghul. The character originally appeared as an unnamed infant in the 1987 story Batman: Son of the Demon, which was at that time not considered canon. Following this, various alternate universe stories dealt with the character's life, giving him various names. In 2006, the character was reinterpreted as Damian Wayne by Grant Morrison, and reintroduced into the main continuity in Batman #655, the first issue of the "Batman and Son" story arc. Having grown up in a laboratory, Damian Wayne as a pre-adolescent is left by... more on Wikipedia
8247Are they a great Batman?
- As Seen In: Batman: Son of the Demon, Batman
- Photo: DC ComicsJason Peter Todd is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. Jason first appeared in Batman #357 and became the second character to take up the Robin identity, sidekick to the superhero Batman, when Dick Grayson went on to star in The New Teen Titans. Though initially popular, following a revamping of his origin by Max Allan Collins, the character as written by Jim Starlin was not well received by fans. For 1988's "Batman: A Death in the Family" storyline, DC Comics held a telephone poll to determine whether or not the character would die at the hands of the Joker, Batman's nemesis. He was killed off by a vote of 5,343 to 5,271. Subsequent Batman stories... more on Wikipedia
8453Are they a great Batman?
- As Seen In: Batman
- Photo: DC ComicsSuperman is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics, as well as its associated media. Superman is widely considered an American cultural icon. The Superman character was created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster, high school students living in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1933; the character was sold to Detective Comics, Inc. in 1938. Superman first appeared in Action Comics #1 and subsequently appeared in various radio serials, newspaper strips, television programs, films, and video games. With the success of his adventures, Superman helped to create the superhero genre and establish its primacy within the American comic book. Superman's appearance... more on Wikipedia
5850Are they a great Batman?
- As Seen In: World's Finest Comics, Batman/Superman, American Alien
- Photo: DC ComicsAzrael is the name of several fictional superheroes in the DC Comics universe. They are a group of assassins who were created by The Order of St. Dumas to "enforce God's Will." The name is taken from the name for the traditional Angel of Death.... more on Wikipedia
5448Are they a great Batman?
- As Seen In: Batman