A majority of rappers don't have the cleanest image. Whether that's due to their upbringing or hardships throughout life, having a rougher image has long been a part of the game. Of course, plenty of the most respected rappers do indeed keep a clean image—and plenty of them can still be considered the greatest hip-hop artists. In short, rappers from every walk of life can make it big, and while there's nothing wrong with having a good image and reputation, it's fairly less common in the rap industry. Think of the greats: Biggie, Tupac, Eminem, Snoop, Jay-Z. They all can be considered a little rough around the edges.
When it comes to those with the cleanest image, though, which rappers come to mind first? You've got Chance the Rapper, Pharrell, Lupe Fiasco, and so many more. And of these artists with clean reps, plenty of them boast great music, good lyrics, and an overall respectable career—just like any of the top rappers, clean or not.
Now, take a glance at the list of rappers with the cleanest image below, and cast your vote up or down for the very best of them. If you know of any that aren't on the list, go ahead and add them.
- Jermaine Lamarr Cole (born January 28, 1985) is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Born on a military base in Germany but raised in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Cole ...more
- Kendrick Lamar Duckworth (born June 17, 1987) is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer. He is regarded as one of the most skillful and successful hip hop artists of his ...more
- André Lauren Benjamin (born May 27, 1975), better known by his stage name André 3000 (formerly Dre), is an American musician and actor best known for being part of hip hop duo Outkast alongside ...more
- Sir Robert Bryson Hall II (born January 22, 1990), known by his stage name Logic, is an American rapper. He was born and raised in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He has amassed a large Internet following ...more
- Chancelor Bennett (born April 16, 1993), better known by his stage name Chance the Rapper, is an American hip hop recording artist from the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. In 2013, he ...more
- Willard Carroll Smith Jr. (born September 25, 1968) is an American actor, rapper and media personality. In April 2007, Newsweek called him "the most powerful actor in Hollywood". Smith has been ...more
- Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, better known as Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer and actor. He is the son of jazz musician Olu Dara. Since 1994, Nas has released eight consecutive ...more
- Pharrell Lanscilo Williams (; born April 5, 1973) is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer. Williams and Chad Hugo formed the record production duo The Neptunes in 1992, ...more
- William Michael Griffin Jr. (born January 28, 1968), better known by his stage name Rakim, is an American rapper. One half of golden age hip hop duo Eric B. & Rakim, he is widely regarded as one of ...more
- Lonnie Corant Jaman Shuka Rashid Lynn (born March 13, 1972), better known by his stage name Common (formerly Common Sense), is an American rapper, actor, writer, philanthropist, and activist. Common ...more
- Lauryn Noelle Hill (born May 26, 1975) is an American singer, songwriter and rapper, known for being a member of Fugees, and for her solo album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, which won many awards ...more
- Mary Jane Blige (born January 11, 1971) is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Often referred to as the "Queen of Hip-Hop Soul", Blige has won nine Grammy Awards, four American Music Awards, ...more
- Wasalu Muhammad Jaco (born February 16, 1982), better known by his stage name Lupe Fiasco ( LOO-pay), is an American rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, and activist. He rose to fame in 2006 ...more
- Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi (born January 30, 1984), better known by his stage name Kid Cudi (; often stylized as KiD CuDi), is an American singer, rapper, record producer and actor from Cleveland, ...more
- Arkeisha Knight (born March 14, 1992), better known by the stage name Kash Doll, is an American rapper from Detroit, Michigan.
- Dana Elaine Owens (born March 18, 1970), known professionally as Queen Latifah, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, and producer. Born in Newark, New Jersey, she signed with Tommy Boy ...more
- Roxanne Shante (born Lolita Shanté Gooden; November 9, 1969) is an American hip hop musician and rapper. Born and raised in the Queensbridge Projects of Queens, New York City, Shante first gained ...more
- James Todd Smith (born January 14, 1968), known professionally as LL Cool J (short for Ladies Love Cool James), is an American rapper, record producer, actor, author and entrepreneur from Queens, New ...more
- O'Shea Jackson (born June 15, 1969), known professionally as Ice Cube, is an American rapper, actor, producer, director and writer. Ice Cube initially gained recognition in 1984 as a member of the ...more
- Aaliyah Keef (born May 12, 1998), better known as Cuban Doll, is an American rapper from Dallas, Texas. She is best known for her songs "Bankrupt" and "Let It Blow." Having amassed a following on ...more
- Antwan André Patton (born February 1, 1975), better known by his stage name Big Boi, is an American rapper, songwriter, actor and record producer, best known for being a member of American hip hop ...more
- Aubrey Drake Graham, who records under the mononym Drake, is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor. He was born in Toronto, Ontario. He first garnered recognition for his role as Jimmy Brooks on ...more
- Tracy Lauren Marrow (born February 16, 1958), better known by his stage name Ice-T, is an American musician, rapper, songwriter, actor, record producer, and author. He began his career as an ...more
- Warren Griffin III (born November 10, 1970), known by his stage name Warren G, is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer and DJ, known as one of the pioneers of West Coast hip hop. Griffin's ...more