The rappers with the coolest post-rap careers are those rap and hip hop artists who became famous first from their music then went on to add numerous other entries to their resumes. These are the rappers who dominated various businesses and became highly successful entrepreneurs, or at least did some cool things along the way.
After making it big for rapping, all rappers do something but some definitely did more with their time than others. Instead of finding themselves in prison or other unfortunate situations, these rappers grabbed the bull by the horns and used their fame and fortune to become even more rich and famous. These rappers didn't just start one business, they started several and made huge bank as a result.
For many of these rappers, the path to stardom included first becoming a successful rapper, then the founding of their own record company, followed by a long career using their brand to get acting jobs, product endorsements and their own television shows. Many also gave back to the communities and people who are less fortunate with non-profit and charity organizations.
Arguably, two of the rappers with the coolest post-rap careers are easily two of the wealthiest rapper CEOs and entrepreneurs. Diddy, aka Sean Combs, and Jay-Z, aka Sean Carter, lead both lists with dozens of successful businesses to their credit. From vodka to television and film to sports to nightclubs, these two rappers are dominating just about everything they do.
Whatever these rappers are doing now, be it still rapping or making millions of dollars in other businesses, they can all look back at how they got their start. They may not have ended up the same place, but each started in rap music and that tie will bind them forever.
- 520163Music producer, actor, film producer, film director, "Beats By Dr. Dre" headphone creator
- 565137Actor, screenwriter, film director, film producer, clothing designer
- 468153Actor, reality television star, voice actor, film production company founder, author, record company chairman, youth football coach, product endorser including for alcoholic beverages, gum, beauty products, car dealerships and various Snoop Dogg products
- 538198Record label head, songwriter, actor, author, Academy Award winner, commercial star, charity founder
- 396169Actor, sneaker designer, clothing designer, video game voice actor, vitamin water creator, body spray promoter, condom promoter, film production company founder, dietary supplement company founder, author, imprint company founder, reality television star, charity founder, headphone company founder
- 337176Actor, clothing designer and promoter, author, record company founder, website founder, awards show host
- 312186Record label head, former New Jersey/Brookyln Nets owner, club owner, clothing designer, sports agent
- 252140Actor, model, author, MTV VJ, film producer, television producer, screenwriter
- 259152Record producer, actor, author, reality show star, production company founder, nightclub owner, social networking website promoter, liquor designer, cognac creative consultant, commercial actor
- 274119Actress, voice actress, awards show host, beauty model, perfume creator, cosmetics designer
- 234137Record label founder, clothing designer, eyewear and jewelry designer, furniture designer, website founder, sculptor, liqueur designer, television network creative director
- 316196Actor ("Law & Order: Special Victoms Unit"), playwright, screenwriter, activist, author, reality television star, video game voice actor
- 227153Actor, clothing designer, animal rights advocate, film production company founder, political print model
- 222151Actor, television show host, video game voice actor, Internet meme
- 220141Actor, author, model, commercial actor, video game character, clothing designer, poet, activist
- 199124Actor, video game voice actor, graphic novel producer, fashion designer
- 9059Rapper and actor ( Troy in community )
- 235165Actor, reality star, producer, restauranteur, clothing designer, record company CEO, vodka promoter
- 151147Record producer, actor, voice actor, reality singing TV show coach, commercial actor
- 118147Record producer, reality television star, male enhancement supplement promoter