This list of the real names of DJs will inform and enlighten you, because who even knew some of the best DJs in history used stage names? "Deadmau5" wasn't his mother's idea? Get out. Armin van Buuren and David Guetta use their given name to record their music and perform live, but most disc jockeys use a stage name. Some, like Martin Garrix, use a variation of their given names; he was born Martijn Garritsen. Some DJs use nicknames that they have had their whole life, while other EDM artists create an entirely new persona. Some DJs have even changed their stage names multiple times.
Who are the most famous DJs who use stage names? Dutch DJ Tiësto was born Tijs Michiel Verwest in 1969. Dubstep superstar Skrillex was born Sonny John Moore in 1988 Los Angeles and grew up in the Bay Area. Swedish EDM DJ Avicii was born Tim Bergling. He passed away in 2018 at age 28.
A couple of famous rappers have gone by multiple stage names. Green Velvet was born Curtis Alan Jones in 1967 Chicago. Among the many names he has used to release tracks include Geo Vogt, Curan Stone, Half Pint, and, most famously, Cajmere.
Would you use a stage name if you were a DJ? Would it be something bada** or something fun and really crazy?!
- Justin Blau, better known by his stage name 3LAU, is an American progressive house and electro house producer and Ableton performer. Based in Las Vegas, he has released three mixtapes since 2011 and ...more
- Alain Macklovitch (born March 30, 1982), known by his stage name A-Trak, is a Canadian DJ, turntablist, record producer, and music label executive. He is the owner of the record label Fool's Gold ...more
- Afrika Bambaataa (; born Lance Taylor; April 17, 1957) is an American disc jockey, rapper, songwriter and producer from the South Bronx, New York. He is notable for releasing a series of ...more
- Nick van de Wall (born September 9, 1987), professionally known as Afrojack, is a Dutch DJ, music programmer, record producer and remixer from Spijkenisse. In 2007, he founded the record label Wall ...more
- Alessandro Renato Rodolfo Lindblad (July 7, 1991), commonly known by his stage name Alesso, is a Swedish DJ and record producer. He has worked with numerous EDM artists, including Avicii, ...more
- Annie MacManus (born 18 July 1978), popularly known as Annie Mac, is an Irish DJ and television presenter. She is known as the eponymous host of the electronic dance music show Annie Mac on BBC Radio ...more
- Richard David James (born 18 August 1971), best known by the stage name Aphex Twin, is an English musician. He is best known for his influential and idiosyncratic work in styles such as acid techno, ...more
- Andy Moor (born Andrew Beardmore; 16 January 1980) is an English DJ, trance Producer and remixer. He used multiple aliases in the past (Dub Disorder, Dwight van Man, Sworn) and was part of many other ...more
- Angger Dimas is an indonesian electronic musician, DJ and music producer from Jakarta, Indonesia. Angger Dimas started playing guitar at age 7 and first became active in the Jakarta club scene in ...more
- Artem Stoliarov (born 28 September 1989), known professionally as Arty, is a Russian trance and progressive house producer, DJ and model. He has collaborated with Armin van Buuren, Above & Beyond, ...more
- André Tanneberger (German pronunciation: [ʔanˈdʁeː ˈtanəbɛʁɡɐ]; born 26 February 1973), better known by his stage name ATB, is a German DJ, musician, and producer of electronic dance music and ...more
- Tim Bergling (8 September 1989 – 20 April 2018) known professionally as Avicii, was a Swedish DJ, electronic musician, and songwriter. He rose to prominence in 2011 with his single "Levels." His ...more
- Axel Christofer Hedfors (born 18 December 1977), better known by his stage name Axwell, is a Swedish DJ, record producer, remixer and owner of Axtone Records. He is a member of Swedish House Mafia ...more
- Jonas Erik Altberg (Swedish pronunciation: [²juːnas ²eːrɪk ²altbærj]; born 22 December 1984 in Halmstad), better known by his stage name Basshunter (also stylised as BassHunter), is a Swedish singer, ...more
- Lorin Ashton (born February 18, 1978), better known under his stage name Bassnectar, is an American DJ and record producer. Bassnectar performs regularly at a variety of music festivals, including ...more
- Christophe Le Friant (French pronunciation: [kʁistɔf lə fʁijɑ̃]; born 10 May 1969), better known by his stage name Bob Sinclar (French: [bɔb sɛ̃klaʁ]), is a French record producer, house music DJ, ...more
- Alexander Ridha (born 22 August 1982), better known by his stage name Boys Noize, is a German electronic music producer and DJ. It is similar to the name of Ridha's label, Boysnoize Records, which he ...more
- Brian Wayne Transeau (born October 4, 1971), known by his initials as BT, is an American musician, composer, singer, songwriter, DJ and audio technician. An artist in the electronica music genre, he ...more
- Adam Richard Wiles (born 17 January 1984), known professionally as Calvin Harris, is a Scottish DJ, record producer, singer, and songwriter. He is known for his singles "We Found Love", "This Is What ...more
- Nicholas Bracegirdle (born 28 February 1971), known professionally as Chicane, is a British musician, composer, songwriter, and record producer. Among his works are singles "Offshore", an Ibiza ...more
- Koen Bauweraerts (born 30 May 1983), better known by his stage name Coone, is a Belgian hardstyle producer and DJ.
- Danger Mouse may refer to: Danger Mouse (1981 TV series), a 1981 British animated television series Danger Mouse (2015 TV series), a 2015 reboot of the British animated television series Danger ...more
- Daan Romers (born 10 November 1985), better known by his stage name Dannic, is a Dutch DJ and EDM producer. He is known for his work in collaborations with Hardwell, Dyro, Sick Individuals, and ...more
- Toni-Ville Henrik Virtanen (born July 17, 1975), better known by his stage name Darude is a Finnish DJ and record producer from Eura, Finland. He started making music in 1995 and released the ...more
- Jeffrey Sutorius is a disc jockey and record producer.