This list of the real names of wrestlers is ranked by user votes. Ken Shamrock and Jeff Hardy use their given name in the ring, but most wrestlers use a stage name. Some wrestlers use nicknames that they have had their whole life, while others create an entirely new persona.
Who is the most famous wrestler who uses a stage name? The Rock has to be at the top of the list. The Rock was born Dwayne Douglas Johnson on May 2, 1972. The Rock has been successful transitioning from the world of professional wrestling into Hollywood. As Dwayne Johnson, he has acted in such films as Pain & Gain and the Fast & Furious franchise.
Hulk Hogan was born Terry Gene Bollea on August 11, 1953. Hogan is a six time WWF Champion and a six time WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 for years of dropping some of the best wrestling moves. He and his family were the subject of a reality TV show entitled Hogan Knows Best. He also appeared in several films including Rocky III, Mr. Nanny and Santa with Muscles.
Which professional wrestler do you think has the best stage name? Vote up all your favorites.
- Mark William Calaway (born March 24, 1965), better known by the ring name The Undertaker, is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE. Widely regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, Calaway began his wrestling career in 1984, working under various gimmicks for World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) and other affiliate promotions, prior to joining the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) in 1990. In WWE, Calaway was rebranded as "The Undertaker", and gained significant mainstream popularity as a horror-themed, macabre entity who employed scare tactics and held links to the supernatural. The Undertaker became one of the most prominent ...moreAgree or disagree?
- 637 VOTESRobert Rudolph Remus (born August 27, 1948) better known by his ring name Sgt. Slaughter, is an American retired professional wrestler currently signed in WWE in the ambassador program.From the late 1970s to the early 1980s, Slaughter had success in the National Wrestling Alliance, American Wrestling Association, and the World Wrestling Federation. He won the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, and headlined WrestleMania VII, in 1991. Slaughter also captured the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship twice. He is a Hall of Famer, inducted as part of the class of 2004. As Sgt. Slaughter, Remus became known for his dark sunglasses, his large hat, and his Vietnam War–era military fatigues. ...moreAgree or disagree?
- 740 VOTESTerry Gene Bollea (, born August 11, 1953), better known by his ring name as Hulk Hogan, is an American retired pro wrestler, actor, television personality, entrepreneur and musician. According to IGN, Hogan is "the most recognized wrestling star worldwide and the most popular wrestler of the 1980s". He enjoyed considerable mainstream popularity between 1984 and 1993 as a heroic character in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE), which continued during the mid 1990s in World Championship Wrestling (WCW). In 1996, he became a villain, leading the New World Order (nWo) faction. Hogan headlined multiple editions of the premier annual events of the WWF and WCW, WrestleMania and ...more
Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
- Nationality: United States of America
- Michael Francis Foley (born June 7, 1965) is an American author, actor, and former professional wrestler and color commentator. He is currently signed to WWE. Foley worked for many wrestling promotions, including the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), and National Wrestling Alliance (NWA), as well as numerous promotions in Japan. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of WWE, and participated in the main event of WrestleMania in 1999 and 2000 (as a special guest referee in the former). He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2013. ...moreAgree or disagree?