This list of the real names of wrestlers is ranked by user votes. Ken Shamrock and Jeff Hardy use their given name in the ring, but most wrestlers use a stage name. Some wrestlers use nicknames that they have had their whole life, while others create an entirely new persona.
Who is the most famous wrestler who uses a stage name? The Rock has to be at the top of the list. The Rock was born Dwayne Douglas Johnson on May 2, 1972. The Rock has been successful transitioning from the world of professional wrestling into Hollywood. As Dwayne Johnson, he has acted in such films as Pain & Gain and the Fast & Furious franchise.
Hulk Hogan was born Terry Gene Bollea on August 11, 1953. Hogan is a six time WWF Champion and a six time WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 for years of dropping some of the best wrestling moves. He and his family were the subject of a reality TV show entitled Hogan Knows Best. He also appeared in several films including Rocky III, Mr. Nanny and Santa with Muscles.
Which professional wrestler do you think has the best stage name? Vote up all your favorites.
- Mark William Calaway (born March 24, 1965), better known by the ring name The Undertaker, is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE. Widely regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, Calaway began his wrestling career in 1984, working under various gimmicks for World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) and other affiliate promotions, prior to joining the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) in 1990. In WWE, Calaway was rebranded as "The Undertaker", and gained significant mainstream popularity as a horror-themed, macabre entity who employed scare tactics and held links to the supernatural. The Undertaker became one of the most prominent ...more
- André René Roussimoff (May 19, 1946 – January 27, 1993), best known as André the Giant, was a French professional wrestler and actor.He famously feuded with Hulk Hogan, culminating at WrestleMania III in 1987. His best-remembered film role was that of Fezzik, the giant in The Princess Bride. His size was a result of gigantism caused by excess growth hormone, which later resulted in acromegaly. It also led to his being called "The Eighth Wonder of the World".In the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now known as WWE), Roussimoff was a one-time WWF World Heavyweight Champion and a one-time WWF Tag Team Champion. In 1993, he was the inaugural inductee into the newly created WWF Hall of Fame and ...more
- Randall Mario Poffo (November 15, 1952 – May 20, 2011), better known by his ring name Randy Savage, was an American professional wrestler, actor and color commentator best known for his time in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) and later World Championship Wrestling (WCW). His best known nickname was "Macho Man".Savage was described by ESPN's Bill Simmons as "one of the greatest pro wrestlers who ever lived"—a statement echoed by multiple industry performers. He was recognizable by wrestling fans for his distinctively deep and raspy voice, his flamboyant ring attire, intensity exhibited in and out of the ring, his use of "Pomp and Circumstance" as his entrance music, and his ...more
- Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
- Nationality: United States of America
- 479 VOTESGlenn Thomas Jacobs (born April 26, 1967) is an American professional wrestler, actor, businessman, and politician. As a Republican, he is the Mayor of Knox County, Tennessee. In professional wrestling, Jacobs is signed to WWE, where he is known by his ring name Kane. He began his professional wrestling career on the independent circuit in 1992, wrestling in promotions such as Smoky Mountain Wrestling (SMW) and the United States Wrestling Association (USWA) before joining the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) in 1995. Jacobs played various characters until 1997, when he was repackaged as Kane, the younger half-brother of The Undertaker, with whom Jacobs would alternatively feud or ...more