This list of the real names of wrestlers is ranked by user votes. Ken Shamrock and Jeff Hardy use their given name in the ring, but most wrestlers use a stage name. Some wrestlers use nicknames that they have had their whole life, while others create an entirely new persona.
Who is the most famous wrestler who uses a stage name? The Rock has to be at the top of the list. The Rock was born Dwayne Douglas Johnson on May 2, 1972. The Rock has been successful transitioning from the world of professional wrestling into Hollywood. As Dwayne Johnson, he has acted in such films as Pain & Gain and the Fast & Furious franchise.
Hulk Hogan was born Terry Gene Bollea on August 11, 1953. Hogan is a six time WWF Champion and a six time WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 for years of dropping some of the best wrestling moves. He and his family were the subject of a reality TV show entitled Hogan Knows Best. He also appeared in several films including Rocky III, Mr. Nanny and Santa with Muscles.
Which professional wrestler do you think has the best stage name? Vote up all your favorites.
- Robert Rudolph Remus (born August 27, 1948) better known by his ring name Sgt. Slaughter, is an American retired professional wrestler currently signed in WWE in the ambassador program.From the late 1970s to the early 1980s, Slaughter had success in the National Wrestling Alliance, American Wrestling Association, and the World Wrestling Federation. He won the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, and headlined WrestleMania VII, in 1991. Slaughter also captured the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship twice. He is a Hall of Famer, inducted as part of the class of 2004. As Sgt. Slaughter, Remus became known for his dark sunglasses, his large hat, and his Vietnam War–era military fatigues.... more90Agree or disagree?
- André René Roussimoff (May 19, 1946 – January 27, 1993), best known as André the Giant, was a French professional wrestler and actor.He famously feuded with Hulk Hogan, culminating at WrestleMania III in 1987. His best-remembered film role was that of Fezzik, the giant in The Princess Bride. His size was a result of gigantism caused by excess growth hormone, which later resulted in acromegaly. It also led to his being called "The Eighth Wonder of the World".In the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now known as WWE), Roussimoff was a one-time WWF World Heavyweight Champion and a one-time WWF Tag Team Champion. In 1993, he was the inaugural inductee into the newly created WWF Hall of Fame and... more90Agree or disagree?
- Theodore Marvin DiBiase Sr. (born January 18, 1954) is an American former professional wrestler, manager, ordained minister and color commentator. He is signed with WWE working in their Legends program. DiBiase achieved championship success in a number of wrestling promotions, holding thirty titles during his professional wrestling career. He is best recalled by mainstream audiences for his time in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), where he wrestled as "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase. IGN called DiBiase "one of the most gifted technical wrestlers to ever grace the squared-circle"; he has been named as one of the greatest villains in pro wrestling history.Among other accolades in... more72Agree or disagree?
- Dwayne Douglas Johnson (born May 2, 1972), also known by his ring name The Rock, is an American actor, producer, and former professional wrestler. Johnson was a professional wrestler for the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) for eight years prior to pursuing an acting career. His films have grossed over $3.5 billion in North America and over $10.3 billion worldwide, making Johnson one of the highest-grossing box-office stars of all time.Johnson was a college football player for the University of Miami, with whom he won a national championship in 1991. He initially aspired for a professional career in football and entered the 1995 NFL Draft, but he went undrafted. As a result,... more
84Agree or disagree?
- Birthplace: Hayward, California, United States of America
- Nationality: United States of America
- Position: Defensive tackle