The African American community tends to lean toward liberal politics, but this list of famous Black Republicans proves that it's not an absolute. Black conservatives are Republican and African American, and proud of both.
So who are they? Famous rapper 50 Cent is one. The Black Republican list includes everybody from the the Black, young and famous to longstanding political forces in the African American community who are Black and conservative. Republican declarations made or public endorsement of Republican candidates constitute the inclusion on this list. These prominent Black Republicans are listed alphabetically by first name and can be sorted by any column. This list includes all Republican Blacks from Black politicians to African American lawyers, athletes, celebrities, and actors.
- Condoleezza Rice (; born November 14, 1954) is an American political scientist and diplomat. She served as the 66th United States Secretary of State, the second person to hold that office in the ...more
Candace Amber Owens Farmer (born April 29, 1989) is an American conservative commentator and political activist. She is known for her pro-Trump activism that began around 2016 after being initially very critical of Trump and the Republican Party, and for her criticism of Black Lives Matter and of the Democratic Party. She worked for the conservative advocacy group Turning Point USA between 2017 and 2019 as their communications director.
- Colin Luther Powell (April 5, 1937 – October 18, 2021) was an American statesman, diplomat, and four-star general who served as the 65th United States secretary of state from 2001 to 2005. He was the ...more
- Alan Lee Keyes (born August 7, 1950) is an American conservative political activist, pundit, author and former ambassador. A doctoral graduate of Harvard University, Keyes began his diplomatic ...more
- Herman Cain (December 13, 1945 – July 30, 2020) was an American business executive, syndicated columnist, and Tea Party activist. Cain grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College with a ...more
Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr. (born September 18, 1951) is an American politician, public servant, author, and retired neurosurgeon who has served as the 17th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development since 2017. He was a candidate for President of the United States in the Republican primaries in 2016, at times leading nationwide polls of Republicans. He is considered a pioneer in the field of neurosurgery.
- Donald King (born August 20, 1931) is an American boxing promoter known for his involvement in historic boxing matchups. He has been a controversial figure, partly due to a manslaughter conviction ...more
- Laurence Allen "Larry" Elder (born April 27, 1952) is an American attorney, author, and radio program host.
- Julius Caesar Watts Jr. (born November 18, 1957) is an American politician, clergyman, and athlete. Watts was a college football quarterback for the Oklahoma Sooners and later played professionally ...more
- Lynn Curtis Swann (born March 7, 1952) is an American football player, broadcaster, politician, and athletic director, best known for his association with the University of Southern California and ...more
- Sheryl Patrice Underwood (born (1963-10-28)October 28, 1963) is an American comedian, actress and television host. She first rose to prominence in the comedy world as the first female finalist in ...more
- Karl Anthony Malone (born July 24, 1963) is an American retired professional basketball player. Nicknamed "The Mailman", Malone played the power forward position and spent his first 18 seasons ...more
- Stacey Lauretta Dash (born January 20, 1966 or 1967) is an American actress and former talk show host. Dash is known for her co–starring role as Dionne Marie Davenport in the 1995 feature film ...more
- Thomas Dexter Jakes Sr. (born June 9, 1957), known as T. D. Jakes, is a pastor, author and filmmaker. He is the pastor of The Potter's House, a non-denominational American megachurch. Jakes's church ...more
- Clarence Thomas (born June 23, 1948) is an American judge, lawyer, and government official who currently serves as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. He is currently the ...more
- Wilton Norman Chamberlain (; August 21, 1936 – October 12, 1999) was an American basketball player who played as a center and is considered one of the greatest players in history. He played for the ...more
- Armstrong Williams (born February 5, 1962) is an American political commentator, entrepreneur, author, and talk show host. Williams writes a nationally syndicated conservative newspaper column, has ...more
- Janice Rogers Brown (born May 11, 1949) is a former United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. She was an Associate Justice of the ...more
- James Carter Walker Jr. (born June 25, 1947) is an American actor and comedian. Walker is best known for portraying James Evans Jr. ("J.J."), the oldest son of Florida and James Evans Sr. on the CBS ...more
- Anthony Kevin Dungy ( DUN-jee; born October 6, 1955) is a former professional American football player and coach in the National Football League (NFL). Dungy was head coach of the Tampa Bay ...more
- Michael Stephen Steele (born October 19, 1958) is an American conservative political commentator and former Republican Party politician. Steele served as the seventh lieutenant governor of Maryland ...more
- Troy Lee Coleman III (born December 18, 1970), better known by his stage name Cowboy Troy, is an American, Hick Hop/country rapper and songwriter. He is a member of the MuzikMafia, an aggregation of ...more
- Thomas Sowell (; born June 30, 1930) is an American economist and social theorist who is currently a Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University. Sowell was born in North Carolina, ...more
- Star Parker is an American syndicated columnist, Republican politician, author, and conservative political activist. In 1995, she founded the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education. In 2010, she ...more
- Wardell Anthony "Ward" Connerly (born June 15, 1939) is an American political activist, businessman, and former University of California Regent (1993–2005). He is also the founder and the chairman ...more