List of the best Richard Attenborough movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Richard Attenborough's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Richard Attenborough movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Richard Attenborough movies will be at the top of the list. Richard Attenborough has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Richard Attenborough movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Richard Attenborough films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Richard Attenborough role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Richard Attenborough performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples of films on this list include And Then There Were None and The Last Grenade."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Richard Attenborough movies?" and "What are the greatest Richard Attenborough roles of all time?"
- The East African nation of Batasi is tearing apart at the seams, and a group of British soldiers are caught in the middle. As fighting breaks out between two rival factions in the former British ...more
- Tense tale about a group of men who are left stranded in the middle of the Arabian desert after a plane crash. Their only hope of survival is to rebuild the craft so that, phoenix-like, she may fly ...more
- In this British crime caper, Hyde (Jack Hawkins), a bitter former military officer, decides to rob a bank and recruits a number of ex-army men to join in on the scheme. Along with Lexy (Richard ...more
- Imprisoned during World War II in a German POW camp, a group of Allied soldiers are intent on breaking out, not only to escape, but also to draw Nazi forces away from battle to search for fugitives. ...more
- Brighton Rock is a 1947 British film noir directed by John Boulting and starring Richard Attenborough as Pinkie, Carol Marsh as Rose, William Hartnell as Dallow and Hermione Baddeley as Ida. It was ...more
- In 1926, the USS San Pablo patrols the Yangtze River during the clashes between Chiang Kai-shek's communists and Chinese warlords. Eight-year veteran machinist Jake Holman (Steve McQueen), new to the ...more
- Desert Patrol is a 1958 film directed by Guy Green.
- This film is a romantic fantasy film created by the British writing-directing-producing team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, and set in England during the WWII. It stars David Niven, Roger ...more
- Upper-class but unemployable Stanley Windrush (Ian Carmichael) is offered an unskilled job on the floor of a missile factory owned by his unscrupulous Uncle Bertram (Dennis Price). When personnel ...more
- Working-class British housewife Myra Savage (Kim Stanley) reinvents herself as a medium, holding seances in the sitting room of her home with the hidden assistance of her under-employed, asthmatic ...more
- In Steven Spielberg's massive blockbuster, paleontologists Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) and mathematician Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) are among a select group chosen to tour ...more
- A seemingly model citizen living in mid-century London, John Christie (Richard Attenborough) is actually a killer. Masquerading as a doctor, he convinces guileless women that he can cure whatever ...more
- Elizabeth Tudor (Cate Blanchett) becomes queen of a divided and dangerous England in 1558. She is roundly perceived as weak by threats from within and abroad, and she is strongly advised to marry by ...more
- Dr. John Dolittle (Rex Harrison) lives in a small English village where he specializes in caring for and verbally communicating with animals. When Dr. Dolittle is unjustly sent to an insane asylum ...more
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is a 1999 musical film directed by David Mallet.
- ABC's docudrama demonstrates that unexpected events can catch anyone unaware and change life "In an Instant." Each episode of the series focuses on a harrowing tale of survival and brings it to life ...more
- Six-year-old Susan Walker (Mara Wilson) is skeptical of the Christmas myth surrounding Santa Claus, a trait she perhaps learned from her mother, Dorey (Elizabeth Perkins). When tasked with hiring the ...more
- In the only unabridged film version of the classic play, here updated to the 19th century, Prince Hamlet (Kenneth Branagh) is traumatized by the revelation that his father was murdered by the present ...more
- Police Detective Jim Brannigan (John Wayne) is sent from Chicago to London to extradite a wanted American criminal, Ben Larkin (John Vernon). However, Larkin is kidnapped before Brannigan can ...more
- A group of soldiers lead by Corporal "Tubby" Bins (John Mills), stranded in France, must make their way to the shores of Dunkirk in hopes of a rescue. Back in Britain, Charles Foreman (Bernard Lee), ...more
- And Then There Were None is a 1974 film version of the Agatha Christie mystery novel of the same name. Two previous films were released in 1945 and 1965, and a videotaped made-for-television version ...more
- Gift Horse is a 1952 British war film starring Trevor Howard and Richard Attenborough. The film follows the story of the fictional ship HMS Ballantrae and her crew from the time they come together in ...more
- As World War II settles over England, university student Stanley Windrush (Ian Carmichael) receives his call-up. During training, Windrush is plunged into a thoroughly unfamiliar world, with his ...more
- Danger Within is a 1959 British war film set in a prisoner of war camp in Northern Italy during the summer of 1943. A combination of POW escape drama and whodunnit, the movie is based upon the novel ...more
- Working-class boy Jack Read (Richard Attenborough) gains entry into an upper-class public school as part of a social experiment by the British government to integrate boys of different backgrounds. ...more