List of popular Richard Wagner operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Richard Wagner operas list includes the names of all Richard Wagner operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Richard Wagner operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Richard Wagner opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Richard Wagner operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
These composers, like Tristan und Isolde and Die Walküre include images when available.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Richard Wagner write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Richard Wagner operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Richard Wagner.
- Das Liebesverbot, is an early opera in two acts by Richard Wagner, with the libretto written... more
- Das Rheingold, WWV 86A, is the first of the four operas that constitute Richard Wagner's Der... more
- Der fliegende Holländer, WWV 63, is a German-language opera, with libretto and music by... more
- Der Ring des Nibelungen, WWV 86, is a cycle of four epic operas by the German composer Richard... more
- Die Feen is an opera in three acts by Richard Wagner. The German libretto was written by the... more
Die HochzeitDie Hochzeit is an unfinished opera by Richard Wagner which predates his completed works in... more
- Die Laune des Verliebten was Richard Wagner's first attempt at an opera project. Written in... more
- Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg is a music drama in three acts, written and composed by Richard... more
- Die Walküre, WWV 86B, is an opera in three acts by Richard Wagner with a German libretto by... more
- Götterdämmerung is an opera by Richard Wagner.... more
- Lohengrin is a Romantic opera in three acts composed and written by Richard Wagner, first... more
Männerlist grösser als FrauenlistMännerlist größer als Frauenlist oder Die glückliche Bärenfamilie is an unfinished Singspiel... more
- Parsifal is an opera in three acts by Richard Wagner. It is loosely based on Parzival by... more
- Rienzi, der Letzte der Tribunen is an early opera by Richard Wagner in five acts, with the... more
- Siegfried, WWV 86C, is the third of the four operas that constitute Der Ring des Nibelungen,... more
- Tannhäuser is an opera in three acts, music and text by Richard Wagner, based on the two... more
- Tristan und Isolde is an opera, or music drama, in three acts by Richard Wagner to a German... more