List of the best Robert Carlyle movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Robert Carlyle's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Robert Carlyle movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Robert Carlyle movies will be at the top of the list. Robert Carlyle has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Robert Carlyle movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Robert Carlyle films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Robert Carlyle role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Robert Carlyle performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Everything from The Full Monty to Once Upon a Time in the Midlands is included on this list."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Robert Carlyle movies?" and "What are the greatest Robert Carlyle roles of all time?"
- After amateur soccer player Nick Cameron (Robert Carlyle) experiences a series of persistent and debilitating symptoms, he learns that he has multiple sclerosis. Now restricted to a wheelchair, Nick ...more
- California Solo is a 2012 drama film written and directed by Marshall Lewy.
- Born Equal is a television film produced for the BBC. Written and directed by BAFTA award-winning Dominic Savage, it stars Colin Firth, Robert Carlyle, David Oyelowo, Anne-Marie Duff and Emilia Fox, ...more
- After losing his job at a steel factory, Gaz (Robert Carlyle) learns that his wife wants to sue him for missed child support payments. Desperate for money, Gaz and his friend Dave (Mark Addy) decide ...more
- Trainspotting is a 1996 British comedy drama film directed by Danny Boyle, and starring Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller, Kevin McKidd, Robert Carlyle, and Kelly Macdonald. Based on the ...more
- Upon receiving reports of missing persons at Fort Spencer, a remote Army outpost on the Western frontier, Capt. John Boyd (Guy Pearce) investigates. After arriving at his new post, Boyd and his ...more
- Carla's Song is a British movie directed by Ken Loach with screenplay by Paul Laverty. Set in 1987, it tells the story of the relationship between a Scottish bus driver, George Lennox and Carla, a ...more
- Summer is a 2008 film directed by Kenneth Glenaan and starring Robert Carlyle and Rachael Blake. It tells the story of a lively and wayward spirit coming to terms with the realities of age and death. ...more
- Human Trafficking is a television miniseries about an American Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent going undercover to stop an organization from trafficking people, and shows the struggles of ...more
- The Mighty Celt is a 2005 drama film set in Northern Ireland, written and directed by Pearse Elliott. It stars Gillian Anderson, Robert Carlyle, Sean McGinley, Ken Stott and Tyrone McKenna. It is ...more
- In 1935 when it is more common for Irish families to leave their famine-stricken country for America, the impoverished McCourt family does the reverse. Following the sudden death of her 7-week-old ...more
- There's Only One Jimmy Grimble is a 2000 sports drama film set around Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. The film centred on one young boy's dream to play for Manchester City F.C.
- Widower Frank (Robert Carlyle), still overcome with grief at the death of his wife, helps stranger Steve (John Goodman) fulfill his dying wish: to reunite with a former love, Marienne (Mary ...more
- Hitler: The Rise of Evil is a Canadian TV miniseries in two parts, directed by Christian Duguay and produced by Alliance Atlantis. It explores Adolf Hitler's rise and his early consolidation of power ...more
- Class of '76 is a British drama screened on ITV in October 2005, written by John Ireland and directed by Ashley Pearce. Starring Robert Carlyle as an investigating police officer DI Tom Monroe, who ...more
- A bitter former idealist, Ray (Robert Carlyle) plans a daring heist with his buddy Dave (Ray Winstone), who is a seasoned criminal. Joining the pair are the restless Julian (Philip Davis), ex-con ...more
- I Know You Know is a 2009 feature film written and directed by Justin Kerrigan, his first major work since his debut with Human Traffic in 1999. The film is about a young boy who becomes involved ...more
- Marooned is a 1994 short film directed by Jonas Grimås
- Riff-Raff is a 1991 British film directed by Ken Loach, starring Robert Carlyle and Ricky Tomlinson. It won the 1991 European Film Award Best Picture award. As with most Loach films, Riff-Raff is a ...more
- "The 51st State" is the story of Elmo McElroy (Samuel L. Jackson), a streetwise American master chemist, who heads to England to set up his last big deal -- to introduce a new designer drug to the ...more
- The Tournament is a 2009 British independent thriller film, marking the directorial debut of local filmmaker Scott Mann. The film was conceived by Jonathan Frank and Nick Rowntree while at the ...more
- The Rev. Greg Pilkington (Linus Roache) is homosexual and a Roman Catholic priest who takes his vows and his love of God seriously. When a young girl confesses to him that her father has been ...more
- Based on a real-life story, this drama focuses on a small group of Allied soldiers in Burma who are held captive by the Japanese. Capt. Ernest Gordon (Ciaran McMenamin), Lt. Jim Reardon (Kiefer ...more
- 24 is a television film based on the series 24.
- 28 Weeks Later is a 2007 British-Spanish post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film, structured as a sequel to the 2002 critical and commercial success, 28 Days Later. 28 Weeks Later was co-written ...more