Believe it or not, some major rock bands have taken the plunge into the world of television - and we're not just talking about music videos from the days when MTV actually played those. Sure, you've probably seen some big rock stars make cameos on TV shows, but others have gone even further to lend their sounds to the shows themselves. These are the rockers who have written original songs for TV shows.
You've probably heard a lot of these tunes, but you may have had no idea they were written by some of the biggest names in rock music. With your votes, we'll find out which musician wrote the best original TV theme song.
From Ozzman's ferocious theme for Dog the Bounty Hunter to They Might Be Giants's Malcolm in the Middle ditty, which original TV song by rockers do you think is best?
The Monkees - "Hey Hey We're the Monkees"
588145Great theme song?
- Genres (Music): Bubblegum pop, Pop music, Rock music, Psychedelic pop, Folk rock
- Albums: Then & Now...The Best of the Monkees, Headquarters, Daydream Believer / Goin' Down, Head, More of the Monkees
That '70s Show - "That '70s Song" (Originally "In the Streets" by Big Star; re-recorded by both Cheap Trick and Todd Griffin as "That '70s Song" for the show. Griffin's version was used for Season 1, Cheap Trick's for all subsequent seasons.)
618164Great theme song?
- Genres (Music): Pop punk, Glam metal, New Wave, Rock music, Pop rock
- Albums: Cheap Trick at Budokan, In Color, Dream Police, Cheap Trick, The Doctor
The Drew Carey Show - "Cleveland Rocks"
538156Great theme song?
- Genres (Music): Pop punk, Noise rock, Rock music, Rockabilly, Grunge
- Albums: The Presidents of the United States of America, These Are the Good Times People, Freaked Out and Small, Froggystyle, Love Everybody
Big Bang Theory - "The History of Everything"
621210Great theme song?
- Genres (Music): Rock music, Folk rock, Acoustic music, Pop rock, Power pop
- Albums: Gordon, Barenaked for the Holidays, Maybe You Should Drive, Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits (1991–2001), Everything to Everyone