List of the best Roy Rogers movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Roy Rogers's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Roy Rogers movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Roy Rogers movies will be at the top of the list. Roy Rogers has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Roy Rogers movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Roy Rogers films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Roy Rogers role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Roy Rogers performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List films include Southward Ho!, Bad Man of Deadwood and many more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Roy Rogers movies?" and "What are the greatest Roy Rogers roles of all time?"
- Reporter Toni Ames (Dale Evans) comes to the Wild West in search of a story about notorious outlaw Wildcat Kelly and his money. The legends have it that Kelly has been long dead, but Ames suspects ...more
- Trail of Robin Hood is a 1950 American Trucolor film starring Roy Rogers and filmed in the San Bernardino Mountains and Big Bear Lake California. It is notable for featuring a large cast of Western ...more
- Horse trader Roy Rogers has plans to breed his prize mare with legendary stallion Golden Sovereign. Unfortunately, scheming nightclub owner Brett Scoville (Jack Holt) has his eye on the same stud and ...more
- In Oklahoma, after the death of ranch owner Sam Talbot, niece Jan (Carol Hughes) learns with dismay that her uncle has left the ranch to 12-year-old Duke (Lanny Rees), a ward of Sam's foreman. In ...more
- In this musical western, Marjorie Brooks (Dale Evans) is the owner and operator of a rodeo that's an antiquated touring company on its last legs. Her business rival, Frank Madden (Richard Powers), ...more
- Under Western Stars is a 1938 American Western film directed by Joseph Kane and starring Roy Rogers, Smiley Burnette, Carol Hughes, and the Maple City Four. Written by Dorrell McGowan, Stuart E. ...more
- Roll on Texas Moon is a 1946 American film starring Roy Rogers.
- Shortly after circus owner Sue Farnum (Dale Evans), her assistant, Gabby (George "Gabby" Hayes), and her late father's ex-partner, Slim Phillips (Addison Richards), accidentally interrupt the filming ...more
- Sons of the Pioneers is a 1942 American western film directed by Joseph Kane and starring Roy Rogers, George 'Gabby' Hayes and Bob Nolan. The film was part of the long-running series of Roy Rogers ...more
- Song of Nevada is a 1944 American film directed by Joseph Kane and starring Roy Rogers.
- Heart of the Golden West is a 1942 American film starring Roy Rogers.
- North of the Great Divide is a 1950 American film starring Roy Rogers.
- After a number of oil company payrolls are stolen, wanted posters of Gypsy Ricco (Tito Guizar) go up around Sioux City, Iowa. Cowboy Roy Rogers (Roy Rogers), in town to help out a singing group, ...more
- During the Heldorado Frontier Days Festival in Las Vegas, Roy Rogers (Roy Rogers), a Nevada lawman, travels out to help out his friend Gabby Whittaker (George "Gabby" Hayes), who founded the event. ...more
- Gabby Whittaker (George "Gabby" Hayes) runs the Half-a-Chance Ranch for boys from troubled homes. At the boys' graduation, Gabby's friend Roy Rogers (Roy Rogers) performs. Roy later grows concerned ...more
- Cowboy Roy Rogers (Roy Rogers) travels to Rancho San Angelo, a territory on the American-Mexican border, to help Cookie Bullfincher (Andy Devine) investigate some mysterious deaths around a silver ...more
- Returning to his California ranch for some rest and relaxation, cowboy movie star Roy Rogers (Roy Rogers) finds himself drawn into battle with a dastardly group of horse rustlers. Taking pity on Ted ...more
- The Man from Oklahoma is a 1945 American film starring Roy Rogers.
- Under Nevada Skies is a 1946 American film starring Roy Rogers.
- Billy the Kid Returns is a 1938 American film directed by Joseph Kane and starring Roy Rogers.
- Trigger, Jr. is a 1950 American film starring Roy Rogers.
- Nevada City is a 1941 American film directed by Joseph Kane starring Roy Rogers.
- Rainbow Over Texas is a film from 1946 in which Roy Rogers plays himself as a famous cowboy-singer returning to Texas. The self-portrayal of Roy Rogers as a more glamorous version of himself in ...more
- In this musical Western, rival horse-breeders Jeff Adams (Joseph Crehan) and Brock Danvers (Onslow Stevens) are in a fierce competition over a lucrative government contract. But the hopes of the ...more
- Southward Ho is a 1939 American film directed by Joseph Kane and starring Roy Rogers.