Ruby Tuesday recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Ruby Tuesday menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Ruby Tuesday, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Ruby Tuesday popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Ruby Tuesday was founded in 1972 in Knoxville by six fraternity brothers from the University of Tennessee. Named after the hit 1966 song by The Rolling Stones, the casual dining restaurant offers a wide range of American cuisine foods. Menu options include chicken, seafood, and steak, as well as several popular salads and burgers. Ruby Tuesday has a full alcohol bar with cocktails, beer, and wine, and many locations offer both take-out and catering.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Ruby Tuesday recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Ruby Tuesday recipes from around the Web.
Lean turkey – 2 pounds ( ground )
Freshly ground black pepper – 1tablespoon
Paprika – 3 tablespoon
Garlic – 2 tablespoon ( minced )
Ground dry mustard – 1 tablespoon
Cumin -1 tablespoon ( ground )
Fresh green chilli pepper – 2 ( diced )
Red onion -1 ( medium , diced )
Fresh ginger root – 1 teaspoon ( minced )
Fresh cilantro – 1/2 cup ( finely chopped )
Low sodium soy sauce – 1/4 cup
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl mix ground turkey, garlic, ginger, red onion, chilli peppers, salt, soy sauce, black pepper, cilantro, paprika, cumin, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; mix ingredients together.
- Shape the mixture into eight burger patties.
- Lightly grease grill grates in the oven; put turkey burgers on the grill.
- Cook for 15 minutes per side, until burgers are well done.
- Place between lettuce leaves layered on burger buns; add a dash of mayonnaise and mustard.
Ruby Tuesday Crab Cakes
1 lb. crab meat
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup Saltines, crushed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon paprika or Old Bay seasoning
cayenne pepper or Morton's Hot Salt
onion powder for sprinkling
butter or olive oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, toss together crushed Saltine cracker crumbs, egg, parsley and mayonnaise until moistened, do not over mix; add salt and pepper.
- Form into five or six cakes, half an inch thick; place in refrigerator for an hour to set.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne or Morton's Hot Salt and onion powder.
- In a heavy skillet, fry crab cakes in butter or oil; turn once until both sides are nicely browned for 10 minutes.
Sonora Chicken Pasta
1 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast,grilled and
sliced into 1/4-inch slices
10 oz (5/8 lb.) penne pasta, cooked
3/4 cup Sonora cheese sauce (recipe follows)
1/3 cup spicy black beans (recipe follows)
1/4 cup diced tomatoes, for garnish
1 tsp green onion, sliced
* Sonoran Cheese Sauce
6 tbsp butter or margarine
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup hot water
1 tbsp chicken stock
1 cup half-and-half
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce, or more to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
3/4 cup prepared salsa (medium hot)
1/2 cup sour cream
- Saute until onion is transparent; stir in flour to make a roux and cook for 5 minutes with often stirring.
- Mix hot water, chicken stock, and half-and-half; add mixture slowly to roux, stir constantly.
- Allow to cook 5 minutes; add salt, sugar, hot sauce,lemon juice, cayenne, and parmesan cheese to sauce.
- Stir to blend and do not allow to boil; add Velveeta to sauce and stir until melted.
- Add salsa and sour cream to sauce; blend. Makes 5 cups.
-Place pasta in mixing bowl; add cheese sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour into heated bowl; place chicken on top of pasta, then ladle black beans on top.
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and chopped green onions.
1/3 cup hot water
4 tlbs. sugar
4 tlb. vinegar
1 cup mayo
2 heads broccoli cut into small pieces
16oz sharp cheddar cheese cut up
2 lbs bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
1 medium red onion minced
- Dissolve sugar in hot water.
- Pour over broccoli
- Add remaining ingredients mix well; refrigerate for a couple hours.