Heartwarming Photos Of Same Sex Couples Throughout History
Vote up the photos that really pull your heartstrings.
One may assume that, up until the late 20th century, all same-sex couples only showed each other love and affection behind closed doors, but this isn't necessarily the case, as these historic portraits of homosexual partners will attest. Whether depicting unknown individuals, or famous gay and lesbian couples from decades past, these intimate images show that not all members of the LGBTQ+ community remained hidden in times when acceptance wasn't nearly as widespread as it is now. Moreover, the love and affection on display in these images are enough to bring a smile to even the most hardened of hearts.
1. Miss M. R. Griffith And Miss M. H. Crutcher, Unknown Year
2. Cuddling For The Camera, 1875Photo: Unknown / Wikimedia Commons / Public Domain
3. An Affectionate Couple In A Field, Unknown Year
4. A Tender Moment At A Gay Pride Festival In London, 1996Photo: Steve Eason/Stringer / Hulton Archive/Getty Images
5. Marcela Gracia Ibeas And Elisa Sánchez Loriga, The First Same Sex Couple To Wed In Spain, 1901Photo: José Sellier / Wikimedia Commons / Public Domain
6. Preparing To Kiss, Unknown YearPhoto: simpleinsomnia / Flickr / CC BY 2.0