Samuel L. Jackson is notable for the extensive list of popular characters he's portrayed since the '80s. From Pulp Fiction's Jules Winnfield, to champion of the Jedi Order Mace Windu, to everyone's favorite superhero wrangler Nick Fury, Jackson has topped charts with record-breaking films as well as notorious hairstyles.
In 2007, Jackson told Monsters & Critics, "When I started losing my hair it was during the era when everybody had lots of hair," and recalled being named on multiple "bald is beautiful" lists. Though at first he struggled to accept his bare head, he soon came to embrace the characterization he could accomplish with a wig. His legendary curls in Pulp Fiction, for example, came about because a production assistant bought the wrong wig, and Jackson had to convince Tarantino the Jheri curls were better than an afro.
Samuel L. Jackson's wigs have come to represent characters of their own, and their dramatic effect almost never fails.
- Photo: Miramax Films
534Oh so dramatic?
- Actors: John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Walken
- Released: 1994
- Directed by: Quentin Tarantino
- Photo: 20th Century Fox
381Oh so dramatic?
- Actors: Eva Green, Asa Butterfield, Chris O'Dowd, Allison Janney, Rupert Everett
- Released: 2016
- Directed by: Tim Burton
- Photo: Paramount Pictures
344Oh so dramatic?
- Actors: Justin Timberlake, Christina Ricci, Samuel L. Jackson, Kim Richards, S. Epatha Merkerson
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Craig Brewer
- Photo: Buena Vista Pictures
388Oh so dramatic?
- Actors: Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Robin Wright, M. Night Shyamalan, Eamonn Walker
- Released: 2000
- Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan