List of the best Sathyaraj movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Sathyaraj's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Sathyaraj movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Sathyaraj movies will be at the top of the list. Sathyaraj has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Sathyaraj movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Sathyaraj films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Sathyaraj role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Sathyaraj performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different films, like Kalavaadiya Pozhuthugal and Kalyana Galatta."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Sathyaraj movies?" and "What are the greatest Sathyaraj roles of all time?"
Kamal Haasan and Raj Kapoor are among those who have directed Sathyaraj at one point or another during their careers in the film industry.
- En Bommukutty Ammavuku is a 1988 Indian film starring Sathyaraj, Suhasini, Geetu Mohandas and Raghuvaran is remake of Malayalam blockbuster Ente Mamattikkuttiyammakku by Fazil. The film was received ...more
- Chinna Thambi Periya Thambi, is a 1987 Tamil Romantic Comedy film directed by Manivannan. The film casts Sathyaraj and Prabhu Ganesan in lead role along with Nadia. The film was a box-office ...more
- Vedham Pudhithu, starring Sathyaraj and Amala is a critically acclaimed Tamil movie, directed by Bharathiraja. Charuhasan, Saritha, Raja and 'Nizhalgal' Ravi played supporting roles in the movie. The ...more
- Kaakki Sattai is a 1985 Tamil-language Indian feature film directed by Rajasekhar, starring Kamal Haasan, Ambika, Madhavi, Sathyaraj, Rajeev and Thengai Srinivasan. The film was panned by critics and ...more
- Thozhar Pandian is a 1994 Tamil drama film written and directed by Manivannan. It stars Sathyaraj and Ranjitha in the lead roles. The film failed at the box office unlike the duo's previous movie ...more
- Naan Sigappu Manithan is a 1985 Tamil film directed by S.A. Chandrasekhar. The film stars Rajinikanth, Sathyaraj, Bhagyaraj, Ambika in lead roles with music by Ilaiyaraja. This was remade in Telugu ...more
- Airport is a 1993 Tamil action film directed by Joshi. It features Sathyaraj in the main lead along with Gauthami pairing with him. It is a different type of movie with no songs. It received positive ...more
- Mr. Bharath is a Tamil film is directed by SP. Muthuraman. The film stars Rajnikant, Sathyaraj, Ambika, Goundamani, S. V. Shekhar and others. The plot is about a son's revenge against his father. It ...more
- Amaidhi Padai is a 1994 Tamil film directed by Manivannan. Sathyaraj played a dual role as father and son in the film which had Ranjitha playing the female lead. The story revolves around an ordinary ...more
- Vallal is a South Indian Tamil film released in 1997. This movie is directed by Raj Kapoor. This is a comedy and a family subject movie. This movie is starring Sathyaraj, Meena, Manorama, Goundamani, ...more
- Japanil Kalyanaraman is a 1985 Tamil language film starring Kamal Haasan in the lead role of the protagonist. This was the first Tamil movie sequel. It garnered mixed reviews and performed average ...more
- Nooravathu Naal is a 1984 Tamil-language Indian feature film directed by Manivannan, starring Vijayakanth, Mohan, Nalini and Sathyaraj. Dubbed into Telugu as Nooru Rojulu. Remade in Hindi as 100 Days.
- Englishkaran is a 2005 Tamil film. It casts Sathyaraj in the lead role. "English Karan" with the tagline "Tamizh Vazhga" is a film from the hit combo from Sathyaraj and Shakthi Chidambaram whose ...more
- Adidhadi is an Indian Tamil film released in 2004. It starred Sathyaraj, Abbas, Napoleon and Rathi in the lead roles. It was directed by Shivraj It was later remade as Political Rowdy in 2005 with ...more
- Periyar is a 2007 Tamil biographical film, made about the life of the social reformer and rationalist Periyar E. V. Ramasamy with Sathyaraj who himself is a rationalist in the lead role.
- Asathal is a 2001 Tamil comedy film written and directed by P. Vasu. The film featured Sathyaraj and Ramya Krishnan in the leading roles. Produced by Mala Cine Creations and featuring music composed ...more
- Kalyana Galatta is a 1998 Indian Tamil comedy film written and directed by Rajkapoor, starring Sathyaraj, Mantra and Khushboo in lead roles. The film, scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja, filmed by ...more
- Sattam En Kaiyil is a 1978 Tamil-language Indian feature film directed by T.N.Baalu, starring Kamal Haasan in the lead role of the protagonist.
- Nanban is a 2012 Indian Tamil coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by Shankar. It was a remake of Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots, which itself was adapted from the novel Five Point Someone – What not ...more
- Suyamvaram is a 1999 Tamil comedy-drama film starring an ensemble cast from actors in the Tamil film industry and shot by a large technical team from the industry. The film was planned by ...more
- Maha Nadigan is a 2004 Tamil film directed by Sakthi Chidambaram. It is a satire of Tamil cinema and politics, with Sathyaraj playing a common man who goes to become a cinema superstar and then the ...more
- Walter Vetrivel is a 1993 Indian Tamil film, directed by P. Vasu, starring Sathyaraj, Sukanya and Ranjitha in lead roles. The film had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 14 January ...more
- Onbadhu Roobai Nottu is a 2007 Tamil drama film directed by Thangar Bachan, based on Bachan's own same-titled novel. It depicts the tragic life and fall of Madhava Padayachi, a simple villager, ...more
- Maaran is a 2002 Indian Tamil film, directed by A. Jawahar, starring Sathyaraj, Seetha and Manivannan's son Raguvannan in lead roles. The film, produced by J. S. Pankaj Mehta, had musical score by ...more
- Kannamoochi Yenada? is a 2007 Tamil comedy-drama film written and directed by V. Priya. The film stars Prithviraj, Sathyaraj, Sandhya and Raadhika Sarathkumar in lead and Sripriya, Manobala and Radha ...more