As if regular prisons weren't bad enough (newsflash: they are), we have creative minds in Hollywood coming up with even worse ways to punish criminals. Do we need soul-sucking ghouls as prison guards? No, we do not, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Do we need magnetic boots to lock prisoners in place when need be? No, we do not, Face/Off. Do we need to build a giant wall around Manhattan Island and turn the whole thing into a massive, lawless prison? No, we do not, Escape from New York.
Get ready to pick the lock on those handcuffs and figure out an escape plan - we're running through the fictional movie jails that kick the basic premise of imprisonment up a notch.
- Photo: Superman: The Movie / Warner Bros.
- Photo: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban / Warner Bros. Pictures
- 321 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros.
- Photo: Batman Forever / Warner Bros. Pictures
- Photo: Universal Pictures
- 619 VOTESPhoto: 20th Century Fox