What is it about a scary school movie that appeals to movie goers? What is it about the thought of a killer psychopath on the hunt for human lives that makes our adrenaline go up and leaves us asking for more? This list features the absolute scariest movies set in a school, ranked by users and movie lovers as the absolute scariest.
Who doesn’t shudder (and laugh in between) at the thought of a ruthless, brutal killer messing with a bunch of high school students? And who doesn’t love the mystery of feeling like you can trust your closest friends, only to find that they are secretly planning on killing you? There are many, but what are the scariest movies set in a school?This list has the scariest movies set in schools, including: Scream, Urban Legend, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Carrie, The Craft, and Faculty. Vote up your favorite scary school movie below, or add one you love that isn't already on the list.
- Carrie is a 1976 American supernatural horror film based on Stephen King's first major 1974 novel of the same name. The film was directed by Brian De Palma and written by Lawrence D. Cohen. The film received two Academy Award nominations, one for Sissy Spacek in the title role and one for Piper Laurie as her possessed mother. The film featured numerous young actors including Nancy Allen, William Katt, Amy Irving, and John Travolta whose careers were launched, or escalated, by the film.... more
16636Agree or disagree?
- Actors: John Travolta, Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Nancy Allen, Amy Irving
- Released: 1976
- Directed by: Brian De Palma
- Village of the Damned is a 1960 British science fiction film by German director Wolf Rilla. The film is adapted from the novel The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham. The lead role of Professor Gordon Zellaby was played by George Sanders. A sequel, Children of the Damned, followed in 1963, and a remake was released in 1995, also called Village of the Damned.... more
14939Agree or disagree?
- Actors: George Sanders, Barbara Shelley, Michael Gwynn, Martin Stephens
- Released: 1960
- Directed by: Wolf Rilla
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainA Nightmare on Elm Street is a 1984 American supernatural slasher horror film written and directed by Wes Craven, and the first film of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. The film stars Heather Langenkamp, John Saxon, Ronee Blakley, Amanda Wyss, Jsu Garcia, Robert Englund, and Johnny Depp in his feature film debut. Set in the fictional Midwestern town of Springwood, Ohio, the plot revolves around several teenagers who are stalked and attacked in their dreams by Freddy Krueger.... more
16250Agree or disagree?
- Actors: Johnny Depp, Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, John Saxon, Lin Shaye
- Released: 1984
- Directed by: Wes Craven
- Final Destination is a 2000 American horror film directed by James Wong. It is the first installment of the Final Destination series. The screenplay was written by James Wong, Glen Morgan, and Jeffrey Reddick, based on a story by Reddick. The film stars Devon Sawa, Ali Larter, Kerr Smith, and Tony Todd. Sawa portrays a teenager who skips his "time" with a premonition of a plane going up. He saves himself and a handful of other passengers, but time gradually takes the lives of those who should have perished on the plane.... more
11841Agree or disagree?
- Actors: Ali Larter, Seann William Scott, Devon Sawa, Tony Todd, Amanda Detmer
- Released: 2000
- Directed by: James Wong