As the master of horror, Stephen King has penned some of the scariest characters in history. From psycho clowns to demented children and more, his characters are always extremely unique and incredibly original.
But while King is known for creating memorable characters, his best villains are scary in a variety of ways: Pennywise (It) is a supernatural being, Jack Torrance (The Shining) is a troubled man driven into insanity, and Ace Merrill (Stand by Me) is a sadistic young bully with a penchant for evil. What makes these characters so scary is how driven they are. King has a knack for having his characters do whatever it takes to get what they want, and these characters often stop at nothing to achieve their goals.
Vote up the scariest Stephen King characters and add anyone you think shouldn't be missing from this list!
Powers & Abilities: Partial invisibility, Psychokinesis, Shapeshifting, Mind Control, Quick regenerationPennywise the Dancing Clown is a fictional character from the 1990 film and TV series It.... more
- Margaret White is a fictional character created by Stephen King in his first published novel, Carrie, where she is the main antagonist. She is the domineering, abusive, insane and fanatically... more
Powers & Abilities: TelepathyCarietta N. "Carrie" White is the title character and the protagonist of Stephen King's novel Carrie. In every adaptation and portrayal of Carrie, she is portrayed as high school outcast, loathed,... more
Powers & Abilities: TelepathyJohn Daniel "Jack" Torrance is a fictional character in the 1977 novel The Shining by Stephen King. He was portrayed by Jack Nicholson in the 1980 movie adaptation of the novel, and by Steven Weber... more
- Gage Creed is a fictional character from the 1989 film Pet Sematary.... more
Cujo is a fictional dog from the Stephen King book and film Cujo.Cujo is a fictional character from the 1979 TV movie The Ordeal of Patty Hearst.... more
- Isaac Chroner was born, according to the age of the movie provided, September 19, 1973. As a young child, he developed a highly advanced vocabulary, was taught by the church how to preach, and stayed... more
Powers & Abilities: Magic in Harry PotterRandall Flagg is a fictional character created by Stephen King. Flagg has appeared in at least nine of King's novels, either as a major or very minor character. He has a variety of names, usually... more
- Ace Merrill is a fictional character from Stand by Me.... more
- Anne Marie Wilkes Dugan, usually known as Annie Wilkes, is a character in the 1987 novel Misery, by Stephen King. In the 1990 film adaptation of the novel, Annie Wilkes was portrayed by Kathy Bates,... more
- 'Wild Bill' Wharton is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Green Mile.... more
- 4002087 added
grady twinsThe Shining
Powers & Abilities: really scary like wth
- Goopus added
Percy WetmoreThe Green MilePercy Wetmore is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Green Mile....
- Henry Bowers: Henry Bowers is a sadistic, crazed bully who is the son of his equally crazy father, Oscar "Butch" Bowers. Like his father, Bowers is intolerant of all ethnic groups along with being... more
- Kurt Barlow is a fictional character and main antagonist of Stephen King's 1975 horror novel, 'Salem's Lot. The character is a master vampire, who terrorizes the small Maine town of Jerusalem's Lot.... more
Leland GauntNeedful Things
Leland Gaunt is a fictional character from the 1993 film Needful Things
Arnie CunninghamChristineArnie Cunningham is a fictional character from the 1983 film Christine....
- Reverend Lowe is a fictional character from the 1985 film Silver Bullet.... more
- Kurt Dussander is a fictional character from 1998 the film "Apt Pupil".... more
WarwickGraveyard ShiftWarwick is a fictional character from the 1990 film Graveyard Shift....
- Damon Killian is a fictional character from The Running Man.... more