As the master of horror, Stephen King has penned some of the scariest characters in history. From psycho clowns to demented children and more, his characters are always extremely unique and incredibly original.
But while King is known for creating memorable characters, his best villains are scary in a variety of ways: Pennywise (It) is a supernatural being, Jack Torrance (The Shining) is a troubled man driven into insanity, and Ace Merrill (Stand by Me) is a sadistic young bully with a penchant for evil. What makes these characters so scary is how driven they are. King has a knack for having his characters do whatever it takes to get what they want, and these characters often stop at nothing to achieve their goals.
Vote up the scariest Stephen King characters and add anyone you think shouldn't be missing from this list!
Powers & Abilities: Partial invisibility, Psychokinesis, Shapeshifting, Mind Control, Quick regenerationPennywise the Dancing Clown is a fictional character from the 1990 film and TV series It.
- 2Anne Marie Wilkes Dugan, usually known as Annie Wilkes, is a character in the 1987 novel... more on Wikipedia684227
Powers & Abilities: TelepathyJohn Daniel "Jack" Torrance is a fictional character in the 1977 novel The Shining by Stephen... more on Wikipedia
- 4Gage Creed is a fictional character from the 1989 film Pet Sematary.444250
Cujo is a fictional dog from the Stephen King book and film Cujo.
- 6Isaac Chroner was born, according to the age of the movie provided, September 19, 1973. As a...341193
Powers & Abilities: Magic in Harry PotterRandall Flagg is a fictional character created by Stephen King. Flagg has appeared in at least... more on Wikipedia
- 8Margaret White is a fictional character created by Stephen King in his first published novel,... more on Wikipedia332212
Powers & Abilities: TelepathyCarietta N. "Carrie" White is the title character and the protagonist of Stephen King's novel... more on Wikipedia
grady twinsThe Shining
Powers & Abilities: really scary like wth
- 11Henry Bowers: Henry Bowers is a sadistic, crazed bully who is the son of his equally crazy...297221
- 12'Wild Bill' Wharton is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Green Mile.257203
- 13Kurt Barlow is a fictional character and main antagonist of Stephen King's 1975 horror novel,... more on Wikipedia193152
Leland GauntNeedful Things
Leland Gaunt is a fictional character from the 1993 film Needful Things
- 15Percy Wetmore is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Green Mile.1412
Percy WetmoreThe Green Mile
- 16Ace Merrill is a fictional character from Stand by Me.153206
- 17Reverend Lowe is a fictional character from the 1985 film Silver Bullet.127185
- 18Kurt Dussander is a fictional character from 1998 the film "Apt Pupil".101184
- 19Arnie Cunningham is a fictional character from the 1983 film Christine.94233
- 21Warwick is a fictional character from the 1990 film Graveyard Shift.45194
- 22Damon Killian is a fictional character from The Running Man.42202