This list of the best Scarlett Johansson movies is ranked best to worst and includes movie trailers when available. Throughout her career, Scarlett Johansson has went from indie-darling to action star, appearing in a diverse range of films including Lost in Translation and The Avengers. Scarlett Johansson's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of this Scarlett Johansson movies list is decided by how many votes each title receives, so only her most highly rated films will be at the top of the list.
This Scarlett Johansson filmography includes famous movies like The Prestige, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and many additional films as well, and answers the questions, "What are the best Scarlett Johansson movies?" and "What are the greatest Scarlett Johansson roles of all time?" If you think the best Scarlett Johansson role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one.
Michael Bay and Christopher Nolan are among those who have directed Scarlett Johansson at one point or another during their careers in the film industry. Movie fans who love Scarlett Johansson have also been known to enjoy films starring Robert Downey Jr. and Samuel L. Jackson.
- After the cataclysmic events in New York with his fellow Avengers, Steve Rogers, aka Captain America (Chris Evans), lives in the nation's capital as he tries to adjust to modern times. An attack on a ...more
- Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk and the rest of the Avengers unite to battle their most powerful enemy yet -- the evil Thanos. On a mission to collect all six Infinity Stones, Thanos plans to use the ...more
- When Thor's evil brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), gains access to the unlimited power of the energy cube called the Tesseract, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), director of S.H.I.E.L.D., initiates a ...more
- Political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability when the actions of the Avengers lead to collateral damage. The new status quo deeply divides members of the team. Captain America ...more
- When a boyfriend tricks Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) into delivering a briefcase to a supposed business contact, the once-carefree student is abducted by thugs who intend to turn her into a drug mule. ...more
- With the world now aware that he is Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces pressure from all sides to share his technology with the military. He is reluctant to divulge ...more
- When Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) jump-starts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go terribly awry, forcing him, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and the rest of the ...more
- Adrift in space with no food or water, Tony Stark sends a message to Pepper Potts as his oxygen supply starts to dwindle. Meanwhile, the remaining Avengers -- Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and ...more
- A lonely, aging movie star named Bob Harris (Bill Murray) and a conflicted newlywed, Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson), meet in Tokyo. Bob is there to film a Japanese whiskey commercial; Charlotte is ...more
- An illusion gone horribly wrong pits two 19th-century magicians, Alfred Borden (Christian Bale) and Rupert Angier (Hugh Jackman), against each other in a bitter battle for supremacy. Terrible ...more
- Following his wife's untimely death, Los Angeles journalist Benjamin Mee (Matt Damon) decides to make a fresh start by quitting his job and moving his children (Colin Ford, Maggie Elizabeth Jones) to ...more
- Tennis instructor Chris Wilton (Jonathan Rhys-Meyers) grows friendly with Tom Hewett (Matthew Goode), a wealthy student who shares an interest in opera. Invited to attend a performance with Tom, ...more
- In 2019 a mercenary (Djimon Hounsou) pursues two clones (Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson) who escaped from a research facility after learning their true fate.
- King Henry VIII (Eric Bana) lacks an heir. Seeing this as an opportunity for personal gain, the Duke of Norfolk (David Morrissey) and Sir Thomas Boleyn (Mark Rylance) persuade Thomas' daughter Anne ...more
- A sensitive and soulful man earns a living by writing personal letters for other people. Left heartbroken after his marriage ends, Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix) becomes fascinated with a new operating ...more
- New Jersey bartender Jon Martello (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) knows what's important: his friends, his family, his car, his church, his sexual conquests -- and porn. In fact, Jon is a porn addict and has ...more
- Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against the Hulk, his former ally and fellow Avenger. Thor's quest for ...more
- Americans Vicky (Rebecca Hall) and Cristina (Scarlett Johansson) arrive in Spain for a summer vacation at a friend's (Patricia Clarkson) Barcelona home. Visiting an art gallery, they meet seductive ...more
- Disguising herself as a human female, an extraterrestrial (Scarlett Johansson) drives around Scotland and tries to lure unsuspecting men into her van.
- When her father goes blind, Griet (Scarlett Johansson) must go to work as a maid for painter Johannes Vermeer (Colin Firth). While cleaning the house, Griet strikes up an unlikely friendship with ...more
- In the near future, Major is the first of her kind: a human who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world's most dangerous criminals. When terrorism reaches a new level ...more
- The story of neo-cool Enid (Thora Birch) and Rebecca (Scarlett Johansson) who, faced with graduation from high school, take a hard look at the world they wryly observe and decide what they really ...more
- A college student, Annie Braddock (Scarlett Johansson), with a working-class background takes a nanny job with Mr. and Mrs. X (Paul Giamatti, Laura Linney), an affluent but highly dysfunctional ...more
- When teenage Grace (Scarlett Johansson) is traumatized by a riding accident that badly injures her horse, her mother Annie (Kristin Scott Thomas), a high-powered New York magazine editor, realizes ...more
- Baltimore-based friends and lovers, all in their 20s and 30s, try to navigate their way through the complexities of modern relationships. Beth (Jennifer Aniston) wants commitment from Neil (Ben ...more