Everyone's heard of the Zodiac Killer, but what about your favorite serial killers' actual zodiac signs? Whether it's a bull-headed Taurus with a long rap sheet or a sexy Scorpio with a brutal sting, astrological signs are often referenced as a signifier for behavioral patterns and as a predictor for what lies ahead in the future. In other words, could the stars and greater interplanetary forces of the universe have pre-determined the behaviors of these serial killers?
Serial killers come from all different walks of life and take on many forms. For example, some killers, like Ted Bundy, prefer to transport their victims by car, while others, like John Wayne Gacy or Jeffrey Dahmer, prefer to take their victims' lives in the comfort of their own homes (or in the case of H.H. Holmes, his own fully equipped murder castle).
Each killer also has their own unique personality. Ed Gein, a Virgo, was known for being shy, a trait common for those with his sign, while Carl Panzram, a Cancer, was known for being particularly moody. And, for what it's worth, many of the most famous serial killers happen to fall under Pisces, a sign known for being charming yet emotionally unpredictable. Whether you just can't get enough of your daily horoscope updates, or think "What's your sign?" is just a sly pick up line, check out these serial killer astrological signs and see just who your stars align with.
Aquarius (January 19 - February 18)
Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
- Aileen Wuornos: February 29, 1956, 7 victims
- Richard Ramirez (AKA "The Night Stalker"): February 29, 1960, 14 victims
- Ottis Toole: March 5, 1947, 6+ victims
- Dennis Rader (AKA "The BTK Killer"): March 9, 1945, 10 victims
- Doug Clark (AKA "The Sunset Strip Killer"): March 10, 1948, 7 victims
- Donald Henry Gaskins (AKA "The Meanest Man in America"): March 13, 1933, 9+ victims
- Christopher Wilder (AKA "The Beauty Queen Killer"): March 13, 1945, 8-9+ victims
- John Wayne Gacy Jr.: March 17, 1942, 33+ victims
- Randy Steven Kraft (AKA "The Scorecard Killer"): March 19, 1945, 16-67 victims
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
- Charles Sobhraj (AKA "The Bikini Killer): April 6, 1944, 12+ victims
- Keith Jespersen (AKA "The Happy Face Killer"): April 6, 1955, 8 victims
- John Reginald Christie (AKA "The Rillington Place Strangler"): April 8, 1899, 8+ victims
- Joseph Franklin (AKA "The Racist Killer"): April 13, 1950, 7-22 victims
- Donald Harvey: April 15, 1952, 37-57 victims
- Paul Knowles (AKA "The Casanova Killer”): April 17, 1946, 13-35+ victims
- Herbert Mullin: April 18, 1947, 13 victims