List of the best Sissy Spacek movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Sissy Spacek's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Sissy Spacek movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Sissy Spacek movies will be at the top of the list. Sissy Spacek has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Sissy Spacek movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Sissy Spacek films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Sissy Spacek role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Sissy Spacek performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features The Straight Story, Deadfall and more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Sissy Spacek movies?" and "What are the greatest Sissy Spacek roles of all time?"
Sissy Spacek is no stranger to working with popular directors, including Robert Altman, Brian De Palma and Terrence Malick. If Sissy Spacek movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Rod Steiger and Ellen Burstyn too.
- Raised in rural Kentucky poverty and married at the age of 13, Loretta Lynn (Sissy Spacek) begins writing and singing her own country songs in her early 20s. With the tireless help of her husband ...more
- In this chilling adaptation of Stephen King's horror novel, withdrawn and sensitive teen Carrie White (Sissy Spacek) faces taunting from classmates at school and abuse from her fanatically pious ...more
- In this tearjerker based on a successful stage drama, an untimely death haunts a trio of sisters, yet their love proves stronger than any familial tragedy. Meg (Jessica Lange), Lenny (Diane Keaton) ...more
- In 1973, U.S. businessman Ed Horman (Jack Lemmon) arrives in Chile to look for his son, Charles (John Shea), a politically left-leaning journalist who disappeared during a military coup. Charles' ...more
- Violets Are Blue... is a 1986 romantic drama from Columbia Pictures, starring Sissy Spacek and Kevin Kline. It was directed by Jack Fisk, who had previously worked with Spacek on the 1981 film ...more
- Summertime on the coast of Maine, "In the Bedroom" centers on the inner dynamics of a family in transition. Matt Fowler (Tom Wilkinson) is a doctor practicing in his native Maine and is married to ...more
- While World War II rages overseas, a divorced mother of two, Nita Longley (Sissy Spacek), struggles to makes ends meet as a telephone operator in small-town Texas. As the subject of disdainful gossip ...more
- Inspired by real-life killers Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate, this tale of crime and love begins in a dead-end town. Teenage girl Holly (Sissy Spacek) angers her father (Warren Oates) when ...more
- Writer/director Robert Altman claimed this impressionistic film came to him in a dream. Millie Lammoreaux (Shelley Duvall) considers herself irresistible to men, though in fact men have little ...more
- This acclaimed Oliver Stone drama presents the investigation into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy led by New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison (Kevin Costner). When Garrison ...more
- Odessa Carter (Whoopi Goldberg) needs to get to work as a nanny in the home of the affluent Miriam Thompson (Sissy Spacek), but she refuses to take the bus. Odessa is participating in the Montgomery ...more
- Tom and Mae Garvey (Mel Gibson, Sissy Spacek) are a Tennessee farming couple battling violent floods to save their land. In addition to natural disasters, the Garveys fight to stop a selfish land ...more
- In the 1940s, young Collin (Edward Furlong) arrives in a small, sleepy southern town after his mother's death and moves in with his aging spinster cousins, Dolly (Piper Laurie) and Verena (Sissy ...more
- Susan Lansing (Sissy Spacek) is a veteran nurse and single mother who supervises an urban hospital's neonatal ICU. Increasingly estranged from her teenage son, David, she's drawn to one of her ...more
- If These Walls Could Talk is a 1996 made-for-cable film, broadcast on HBO. It follows the plights of three different women and their experiences with abortion. Each of the three stories takes place ...more
- Jessie Cates (Sissy Spacek) packs her belongings into bags intended for donation to charity. She's doing so because, as she tells her mother, Thelma (Anne Bancroft), she plans to kill herself that ...more
- Bobby (Colin Farrell), a rough teenager, lives in Cleveland in a family burdened by tragedy. After he meets Jonathan (Dallas Roberts), a gay teen repressed by his mother (Sissy Spacek), the two boys ...more
- Pictures of Hollis Woods is a film that debuted on CBS as a Hallmark Hall of Fame film on December 2, 2007. The film is directed by Tony Bill and is based on the Newbery Honor winning novel of the ...more
- Ginger in the Morning is a 1974 comedy film starring Sissy Spacek as a hitchhiker. It was also the first American film appearance of a young Fred Ward.
- In 1960s Mississippi, Southern society girl Skeeter (Emma Stone) returns from college with dreams of being a writer. She turns her small town on its ear by choosing to interview the Black women who ...more
- Marie is a 1985 film starring Sissy Spacek as the real-life Marie Ragghianti, former head of the Tennessee Board of Pardons and Paroles, who was removed from office in 1977 after refusing to release ...more
- Last Call is a 2002 drama film written and directed by Henry Bromell about F. Scott Fitzgerald, based on the novel by Frances Kroll Ring. The film stars Jeremy Irons as Fitzgerald, Sissy Spacek as ...more
- A retired farmer and widower in his 70s, Alvin Straight (Richard Farnsworth) learns one day that his distant brother Lyle (Harry Dean Stanton) has suffered a stroke and may not recover. Alvin is ...more
- Single mother Josey Aimes (Charlize Theron) is part of a group of the first women to work at a local iron mine in Minnesota. Offended that they have to work with women, male workers at Eveleth Mines ...more
- Carroll Barber (Keith Carradine) is a noncommittal, independently wealthy musician who spends his time drifting about Los Angeles from bed to bed. Carroll jumps in and out of relationships with Ann ...more