UPDATED: Check out the Best New Sitcoms of 2020!
Situational comedies feel like the cornerstone of the TV watching experience - especially when it comes to shows on the Big Five network channels. This list looks at the best current television sitcoms that that will be airing new episodes in 2019. Which are the best new and returning sitcoms in 2019?
The best sitcoms in 2019 include several returning favorites such as Bob's Burgers, Modern Family, and the Good Place. Some long-running sitcoms are seeing their last season in 2019, including The Big Bang Theory. Both Murphy Brown and One Day At A Time have returned or have been revived for the modern era and are airing new episodes in 2019, bringing a couple of the greatest sitcoms of all time into the 21st century. The idea of what makes a sitcom has expanded, bringing all types of new families, jobs, and groups of friends together for us to watch each week. Several of the best sitcoms in 2019 are even animated!
Which television sitcoms are you going to watch in 2019? Help others curate their must-see television evenings by voting up the best new and returning sitcom shows to air in 2019. Then, check out the best sitcoms airing in 2020.
- 133142Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix, 2015) is an American web television sitcom created by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock. After being rescued from a doomsday cult, an optimistic young woman (Ellie... more
- 6064Abby's (NBC, 2019) is an American comedy television series created by Josh Malmuth. A woman (Natalie Morales) runs an unlicensed bar out of her backyard.... more
- 114142Fuller House (Netflix, 2016) is an American family sitcom created by Jeff Franklin, and a sequel to the 1987–1995 television series. D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron Bure), now a widow and a... more
- 5769I Feel Bad (NBC, 2018) is an American comedy television series developed by Assem Batra, based on the novel by Orli Auslander. Emet (Sarayu Blue) learns how to be okay with not being the perfect mom,... more
- 6989Schooled (ABC, 2019) is an American comedy television series, and a spinoff of The Goldbergs. In the 1990s, the teachers of William Penn Academy are heroes to their students, despite their... more
- 4456Bob Hearts Abishola (CBS, 2019), stylized as Bob ❤ Abishola, is an American sitcom television series created by Chuck Lorre, Eddie Gorodetsky, Al Higgins, and Gina Yashere. Bob (Billy Gardell) owns a... more
- 5268Letterkenny (Crave, 2016) is a Canadian sitcom created by Jared Keeso and developed and written by Keeso and Jacob Tierney, with Tierney as director. Friends Wayne (Keeso) and Daryl (Nathan Dales)... more
- 7094Fam (CBS, 2019) is an American sitcom television series created by Corinne Kingsbury. Fed up with her father, a woman (Odessa Adlon) moves in with her older, half-sister (Nina Dobrev) and her fiancé... more
- 7297The Amazing World of Gumball is a British–American animated television series created by Ben Bocquelet for Cartoon Network. Produced primarily by Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe, it first... more
- 6284Curb Your Enthusiasm is an American improvised comedy television series produced and broadcast by HBO, which premiered on October 15, 2000. It has aired 80 episodes over eight seasons, the last of... more
- 5676The Cool Kids (Fox, 2018) is an American sitcom television series created by Charlie Day and Paul Fruchbom. Three guy friends (David Alan Grier, Martin Mull, Leslie Jordan) in a retirement community... more
- 3546Carol's Second Act (CBS, 2019) is an American sitcom television series. After raising her two children and retiring from teaching, Carol Kenney (Patricia Heaton) embarks on a unique second act:... more
- 2647Lovesick (Channel 4, 2014) is a British sitcom created by Tom Edge. After finding out he has an STD, Dylan (Johnny Flynn), with the help of his best friends Luke (Daniel Ings) and Evie (Antonia... more
- 5494Grown-ish (Freeform, 2018) is an American sitcom series and a spin-off of Black-ish created by Kenya Barris. When the Johnsons' eldest daughter Zoey (Yara Shahidi) heads off to college to begin her... more
- 2242The Unicorn (CBS, 2019) is an American sitcom television series created by Bill Martin, Mike Schiff, and Grady Cooper. Wade (Walton Goggins), a recently widowed father with two daughters, is... more
- 2345Mixed-ish (ABC, 2019), stylized as mixed•ish, is an American single-camera sitcom created by Kenya Barris and Peter Saji, and a prequel spin-off of Black-ish and the second series to be spun-off from... more
BorderlineDavid Avery, Jackie CluneBorderline (Channel 5, 2016) is a British mockumentary television comedy series created by Michael Orton-Toliver and Chris Gau. Retro-scripted, spoof documentary series following the work of UK... more
- 2348Man Down is a British sitcom first broadcast on Friday 18 October 2013 on Channel 4 and starring Greg Davies as Dan, a man who hates his job as a teacher, and Rik Mayall as his father in the first... more
- 2351Family Reunion (Netflix, 2019) is an American television comedy series. When the McKellan family, headed by Moses 'Moz' McKellen (Anthony Alabi), move from Seattle to Georgia to be closer to extended... more
- 3267Angie Tribeca (TBS, 2016) is an American comedy television series, a satire of police procedural shows, created by Steve Carell and Nancy Walls Carell. Angie (Rashida Jones) is a 10-year veteran of... more
- 2559Catastrophe (Channel 4, 2015) a British sitcom created by Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan. After an unexpected pregnancy, an Irish woman (Horgan) and an American businessman (Delaney) decide to become... more
- 2173Rel (Fox, 2018) is an American sitcom television series created by Josh Rabinowitz, Kevin Barnett, and Lil Rel Howery. After he learns that his wife is having an affair with his barber, a guy... more
- 1550Ghosts (BBC One, 2019) is a British sitcom television series created by Mathew Baynton, Simon Farnaby, Martha Howe-Douglas, Jim Howick, Laurence Rickard, and Ben Willbond. The show follows a... more
- 431Bless the Harts (Fox, 2019) is an American animated comedy created by Emily Spivey. The show follows a group of people living in the South who are poor in money, but rich in family and friends.... more