Famous Olympians from South Korea have achieved some of the highest honors in sports and Olympic history, as even being chosen to represent your country at the Olympics is something that most athletes will never get to experience. These competitors are the most prominent people from South Korea who have competed in the Olympics. South Korea has a long, proud history of competing in the Olympic games, and without these fierce athletes they never would have won any medals. The list you're viewing is made up of many different athletes, including Lim Hyo-jun, Kim Min-Seok, Choi Min-Ho, and Kim Hyun-Ki.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the most famous South Korean Olympic athletes?" If you're curious about which gold mentalists and other competitors call South Korea home, read on!
- Lim Hyo-jun (born 29 May 1996) is a South Korean short track speed skater. He is the current champion of the Men's 1500m event in short track speed skating at the Winter Olympics, and also currently holds the Olympic record for the event. Originally starting as a swimmer, Lim took up skating at a young age. Despite multiple injuries early on in his career, he notably won gold at the 2012 Winter Youth Olympics upon his international debut in the Boys' 1000m event. He would later win the 1000m and 1500m events in the Budapest leg of the 201718 ISU Short Track Speed Skating World Cup and earn selection as part of the united Korean team at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Upon his ...more
- Bo-ra Lee is a speed skater. ...more
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Profession: Athlete, Speed Skater
- Byun Chun-sa (Hangul: 변천사; born November 23, 1987 in Seoul) is a South Korean short track speed skater who won gold in the 3000m relay at the 2006 Winter Olympics. ...more
- Profession: Short Track Speed Skater
- Choi Min-ho (Korean: 최민호; born December 9, 1991), better known by the mononym Minho, is a South Korean singer, rapper, and actor. He debuted as a member of South Korean boy group Shinee in May 2008 who later went on to become one of the best-selling artists in Korea. Aside from group activities as singer, he has debuted as an actor in November 2010 in a KBS2's drama special, entitled Pianist. He has since had roles in various television dramas such as SBS' sitcom, Salamander Guru and The Shadows (2012), To the Beautiful You (2012), Medical Top Team (2013), My First Time (2015) and Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (2016). He made his feature film debut in 2016 with Canola. ...more
- Birthplace: Gimcheon, South Korea