Looking for more strong women characters in your life? This list of awesome women in literature, TV, and film has all kinds. One owns the love of dragons with the desire to become a Queen. Another wields a sword in battle to seek atonement for the mistakes of her past, and help the weak combat the oppressive. Yet another fights against entertainment stereotypes and still others speak up for themselves and for women - and people of any gender - everywhere.
These females are the fighters, they are brave in battle, and stand up against injustices in the workplace. They protect and serve, yet never complain. These are the strongest, most badass female characters in the history of film, books, and television.
This Ranker list has it all, from detectives to textile workers. Good girl characters form unions and sometimes need to stand alone in order to unite. It's not always easy for a female to lead, to upend media stereotypes, to essentially be a heroine when no one thinks that you can win. But not every hero needs to stand six feet tall with the ability to bench press 300 pounds. Don’t think that a chick can save the day? Just ask Sarah Connor how many cyborgs she’s terminated.
We salute the many awesome fictional heroines with this list. From the courtroom to the battleground, these are the most kickass, badass, not to be messed with, female characters on the silver screen, the small screen, and the pages of great literature. Be sure to make your voice heard and upvote the greatest, strongest, most memorable female characters.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseWhat would you do if the entire fate of the human race rested on your shoulders? Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) from the Terminator films went from regular working gal to pumped up heroine fighting Terminator cyborgs, in order to protect her son John, and ultimately saved the world.
896459Is she bad*ss?
- Appears In: Terminator Series
- Played By: Lena Headey, Linda Hamilton
- Photo: DC Comics
557257Is she bad*ss?
- Appears In: DC Universe
- Played By: Lynda Carter, Susan Eisenberg, Adrianne Palicki, Adrianne Palicki, Leslie Bibb
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
Ellen Ripley, played by Sigourney Weaver in four different Alien films, is not just considered one of the greatest female protagonists in cinema history. She's considered one of the greatest heroes ever, male or female.
The warrant officer is, in fact, the only character that has the brains and bravado to survive the attack in the first Alien film. Ripley is a true feminist icon and one badass chic.
886470Is she bad*ss?
- Appears In: Alien, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Aliens, Alien Quadrilogy
- Played By: Sigourney Weaver
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain
25652Is she bad*ss?
- Appears In: Odysseus: Voyage to the Underworld
- Played By: Isabella Rossellini,Izabella Miko,Isabel Lucas